Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lu Lu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2013
First let me start off by saying I have been a very loyal & proud Verizon user up till recently I went with the new I phone 5. Most times I attempt texting my screen freezes. I have lost all contacts even though I followed the back up procedure. My husband and I pay over 200 dollars a month and some. My husband happily owns the New Verizon Droid which is amazing. I'm really upset with the I phone. I lost business and family and friends contacts. This is my second I phone due to problems. As a citizen loyal customer along with others let us trade our phones in please. Sincerely very upset LuLu!

Motherload0211

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
You do know that this forum is not a way to ask Apple to do anything. Its a member to member forum only.... ;)

However, Apple just started a trade in program, linked below to read up on, BUT its not for your phone that is bad. Do you have AppleCare + by chance ?

https://www.macrumors.com/2013/08/3...program-launching-today-at-u-s-retail-stores/

"Under the program, users can receive a gift card in exchange for their older devices, although the gift card must immediately be used toward the purchase of a new iPhone. Trade-in values are based on a number of criteria, including model and capacity and physical condition."

estockme

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
To process your return, please send your phone in original packaging to my house. In order to activate the return process you will need to call Verizon customer service and ask them to disconnect your iphone from your account-no further action is needed through the phone number, as our agents are currently processing all returns through this message board.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
First post huh?

Anyway, do you have anymore details? I've restored my iPhone several times and everything has carried over (that I have set to do so) flawlessly every time.

I'd think this would likely be user error if its happened before. We can probably help you if you care to elaborate.

Btw I'm going on a long shot here assuming this isn't troll bait.

red41

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2006
I've read that Samsung has been paying employees to go on forums and complain about iphones. This post feels like one of those. Instead of just stating a problem about the iphone Lulu goes out of her way to talk about how "amazing" her husbands droid is. Sad part is this kind of thing probably works on some people.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
I've read that Samsung has been paying employees to go on forums and complain about iphones. This post feels like one of those. Instead of just stating a problem about the iphone Lulu goes out of her way to talk about how "amazing" her husbands droid is. Sad part is this kind of thing probably works on some people.

I like how the title it says "iPhone" but in the text of the post it says "I phone". 3 times..

cRuNcHiE

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2007
How do people still manage to lose their contacts? Surely you use email?

Contacts are automatically synced with your email , be it apple , gmail or hotmail.
If it's business then most use MS exchange which does the same.

I've never had to back up my contacts and I've had tons of phones. Just sign in and contacts appear.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Extremely pissed off - iPhone, iCloud, etc

I doubt Samsung is paying people to say how nice a Droid is. Droid is a Verizon line Samsung isn't currently in.

dvoros

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
verizon service

I agree. We have had numerous problems with getting service from Verizon Staff. They are either not trained properly or just warm bodies that are hired to answer phones and know nothing.:mad:

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
First let me start off by saying I have been a very loyal & proud Verizon user up till recently I went with the new I phone 5. Most times I attempt texting my screen freezes. I have lost all contacts even though I followed the back up procedure. My husband and I pay over 200 dollars a month and some. My husband happily owns the New Verizon Droid which is amazing. I'm really upset with the I phone. I lost business and family and friends contacts. This is my second I phone due to problems. As a citizen loyal customer along with others let us trade our phones in please. Sincerely very upset LuLu!

Holding aside the the technical issues regarding lost data, and whose fault that might be...I don't understand the relevance of the highlighted phrases.

I'm not clear how loyalty and citizenship have anything to do with losing data...however it was lost.

I see the concept of loyalty mentioned often, as if loyalty endows one with special rights, privileges, or entitlements.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
I doubt Samsung is paying people to say how nice a Droid is. Droid is a Verizon line Samsung isn't currently in.

True, which means you wouldn't suspect it but they still get the message out that Apple has issues and Android phones are good. The idea is that if it's heard in enough places people who have low exposure to these products themselves will believe it.

In the course of shopping for an Android phone you'll undoubtably come across Samsung ones.

Not sure if this poster is legit or not but if Samsung was paying for stuff like this that would be their logic.

Daysight

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2011
This is a situation i have not seen much on the forums, and none of my friends or family have experienced. In fact, it's been the other way around: their information was easily restored from iCloud and/or backups. OP does not seem to have been back.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
True, which means you wouldn't suspect it but they still get the message out that Apple has issues and Android phones are good. The idea is that if it's heard in enough places people who have low exposure to these products themselves will believe it.

In the course of shopping for an Android phone you'll undoubtably come across Samsung ones.

Not sure if this poster is legit or not but if Samsung was paying for stuff like this that would be their logic.

I think that's a stretch at least in this case.

Mark Booth

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2008
One indicator of the significance of a forum user's complaint is how quickly (and frequently) the user responds to questions. It's been more than 24 hours since LuLu's rant with no other sign that she's even read the replies. And she just joined (eg, newbie).

Methinks LuLu is just here to troll the forum.

Mark

Looon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009

They probably would have mentioned a Samsung device by name if they were going to that. Saying my husband's "droid" is way too vague. There's a million android devices.

3rd Rock

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2012
Over here
Lu Lu has come and gone. Posted once, hit and run and probably just a troll and did not mention contacting Apple for support.

JodyK

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2010
Northern Atlanta suburbs
Welcome to Macrumors ... People flame away! Haha

Seriously in your title you mention iCloud ... I believe you either don't have it configured at all or correctly on your " I phone" or don't realize how to use it to restore your iPhone.

If your iPhone is new call Apple care they are very helpful and knowledgeable and will walk you through the process.

Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.