eyetv and 30" monitor

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by apattee, Jan 28, 2008.

1. apattee macrumors regular

I just bought the 3007wfp and am interested in purchasing the eyetv hybrid. Will this be okay? Will it look decent? Just wanted to ask before buying. Thanks.

2. arrakis73 macrumors newbie

Hallo, I am a happy Eye TV Hybrid user. The only thing I could suggest you is that higher resolutions require MUCH more cpu and graphics power. I am using it with a PowerBook G4 1.67 Ghz and 1.5 GB of ram. When eye tv is running full screen, no other applications are allowed. EyeTV is really a great piece of software.
    Works well with both Tiger and Leopard (tested with a Mac mini G4)

bye

Andrea

3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

it looks decent, but nothing like a real TV.
    also spring for the 250. the built in hardware helps

4. apattee thread starter macrumors regular

what does the 250 do that the hybrid doesn't?

i have a 2.33 mbp with 2gb ram. i don't plan on recording much, just watching tv.

5. Spikeanator6982 macrumors 6502

I have the 250 plus. It does the transfer from analog to digital. I am sure its more technical then that but your not gonna hear it from me. So instead of using all processor power, eyetv may only use half. currently i am watching tv coming from a s-video and the white/yellow sound cables and its using about 43% of my processor power. This is with a 2.2 ghz MBP. I cant compare it with the hybrid bc I dont have one, maybe someone could?

6. errol macrumors 6502

errol

I'm getting the HDHomeRun in a few days and will try to post a small personal review thread somewhere. I'll be running it on my 24" Dell.