Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dronecatcher

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Sparked by the video capture thread by @bobesch I thought I'd dig out my old EyeTV digital broadcast stick to see if it still works.
I bought this in 2006 to play TV through my Core Solo Mini, my first Intel Mac which was on duty as my media player. It worked flawlessly back then, I'd watch and record TV completely oblivious to video formats, codecs, compression and data rates :)
I was amazed to find, 11 years later, after popping in the install disk, attaching the USB stick and autotuning, it was immediately accessing the UK digital broadcast network on my 1.67 Powerbook.
Can you imagine any online streaming service being compatible after 11 years? ;)

screen.jpg

Miglia.jpg

bobesch

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2015
Kiel, Germany
Sparked by the video capture thread by @bobesch I thought I'd dig out my old EyeTV digital broadcast stick to see if it still works.
I bought this in 2006 to play TV through my Core Solo Mini, my first Intel Mac which was on duty as my media player. It worked flawlessly back then, I'd watch and record TV completely oblivious to video formats, codecs, compression and data rates :)
I was amazed to find, 11 years later, after popping in the install disk, attaching the USB stick and autotuning, it was immediately accessing the UK digital broadcast network on my 1.67 Powerbook.
Can you imagine any online streaming service being compatible after 11 years? ;)

View attachment 698041
View attachment 698042

Great, DVB still works at your location.
A month ago our local broadcast changed from DVBT (I think, it's equal to your DVB) to DVBT-2 HD rendering all my elgato hardware to be outdated.
If someone here is able to continue use of DVBT-USB-stick just send me a PN. I'd only like to get the postage refunded...
(3 DVBT-Dual-Tuner-USB-Sticks "Diversity", one single USB-Stick)

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
I have far too many of these dongles including a couple of Miglias. They fell out with Elgato and started bundling some other software after Elgato dropped support for any new Miglia hardware.

MagicBoy

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2006
Manchester, UK
I've been using EyeTV for a while on my DLSD. I was using it back in 2006 on my MacBookPro 1,1 with a Freecom DVB-T stick which by luck has the same internals as a Miglia TVmini.

Requires a USB 2 port, so it wouldn't work on the TiBooks as standard.

Attachments

• EyeTV.png
    EyeTV.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 128
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.