EyeTV - Some channels say no signal, but other devices work fine...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by robert-a-hudson, Jan 3, 2010.

1. robert-a-hudson macrumors regular

Hi,

I have Elgato EyeTV Digital TV Recorder Version 2.5.3 (3313) running under OSX version 10.4.11 and using a Miglia TVMini (TVM01) USB 2.0 DVB-T Digital Video Recorder device.

Recently, (after no software changes except maybe a osx/safari/itunes update, but I can't imagine why this would cause a problem), certain channels now display "No Signal", and when I check the preferences Signal info, these channels have a strength and quality of 0%. This seemed to happen all of a sudden, and I now cannot get the channels working again (despite trying a signal booster, re-scanning all channels) while other receivers (i.e. a TV) seem to work fine from the same input.

A full listing of the channel titles (and numbers) which are displayed as having 0% strength and quality are: Yesterday (12), 4music (18), Film4 (15), Viva (21), Ideal World (22), ITV4 (24), Dave ja vu (35), Big Deal (32), Virgin+1 (35), Create & Craft (36), Rocks & Co (40), Lottery Xtra (45)
    Russia Today (85), smileTV2 (94), Babestation (96), Babestation2 (99).

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to get these channels back working again?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I do not live in the UK. I presume that these are cable channels. How do the other receivers acquire their signals?

3. robert-a-hudson thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, in the UK, Freeview is managed by DTV Services Ltd, a company owned and run by five shareholders - BBC, BSkyB Channel 4, ITV and Arqiva. Launched in October 2002, the Freeview service provides up to 48 free-to-air digital TV channels, radio stations and interactive services through an aerial.

So, the receiver input is just from an aerial via a coaxial cable, there is no other equipment in the way to be causing the issue...