OS Neutral F1 2013 Steam Sale - only $12.49 - ends Monday 10am Pacific Time

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by blesscheese, Mar 16, 2014.

1. blesscheese macrumors 6502a

blesscheese

The F1 2013 sale has been mentioned in other threads on the game, but hasn't been put up front and center, so here goes...

At just $12.49, this is a *huge* bargain...and the fact you can get it for the same price on a Mac as you can on Windoze, when the game was just released for Mac, is incredible. I pretty much stopped using Steam at all, and was going 100% GOG, but due to a recent weird fit of F1-madness :eek:, went back to Steam :) when this sale came on.

I downloaded it first for my PC, and then realized, hey, I can show some support for Mac's, so then I downloaded it (took all night) and ran it on my Mac.

The only negative...controller support for the Mac isn't as idiot-proof as it is for PC, but, with only a little fiddling, I have it working with my Wii-mote Classic controller (hint: use wjoy and then in controller options, start a custom configuration, and start mapping the buttons).

2. ventuss macrumors 6502

I find that using the PS3 controller on Mac is as simple as using the 360 controller on PC, and Feral gives total support for it.

I got F1 2013 and didn't really like the game. Feral did a incredible job as it plays on Max settings at native resolution and super smooth on my iMac, though the game itself is a simulator and I really prefer arcade racing... Whatever, for that price I had to buy it no matter what!

Now what I really want is Feral to release Deus Ex Human Revolution on Steam, or make a Sale on App Store.