FAA missing key data on 119,000 planes

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Dec 10, 2010.

1. rdowns, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2010

rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Isn't that nice? :rolleyes:

This is just ****ing pathetic. Just more evidence that we are no more secure today than before 9/11.

Link

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Oh come on, we're safe! They're rubbing patting down those scary toddlers. Who needs to know who is flying the planes?

3. Queso macrumors G4

I wonder just how many narcotics get smuggled into the USA thanks to this.

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

They are just figuring this out now ... that is how the Rich and the Devious have been getting around for years :cool:

5. takao macrumors 68040

takao

this is bordering on the bizarre.. passenger get full body searches and then board a plane whose ownership isn't known ?
    this way beyond incompetence

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

And yet, my car's license plates expire at the end of April, and if I'm out driving at 12:01 AM on May 1 without having renewed them, I'm guaranteed to get pulled over and get a ticket. :rolleyes:

As incompetent as the DMV is, perhaps we need them working at the FAA. It would be an improvement.

7. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Perhaps the FAA is paid a Princely sum to look the other way? ;)

And those Black-Ops Challengers?? What of them? :eek:

8. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

Registered planes are not more likely to be flow into buildings than unregistered ones.

However, that's not really the issue here. The news has overblown the situation here just a bit. Until now, aircraft registration was good for life. So let's say you bought a plane back in 1990. But in 1997, a tornado hit the local airport and it's been balled up in the swamp since then. Or just drive by any small airport and see the rows of old airplanes just rotting away. Those situations encompass a lot of what has been 'lost'.