Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajbart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Northern Ireland
I've had the facebook app on my iPod touch for some time now but all of the sudden tonight it will barely open without crashing. Redownloaded the app several times but to no avail. Is this likely a facebook server problem, or is anyone else noticing a big drop in app function today? Maybe they're paving the way for some push notifications. Ah one can dream...

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
have you restarted the phone? The fact that it has not been updated since you started having the problem, and the fact I don't know anyone else with the problem tells me you may just need to restart the phone.

Halamolo

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009
Whoa! I noticed the same thing and then I ran into this topic.

Facebook app has worked months. Now it is crashing.

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
I've had the facebook app on my iPod touch for some time now but all of the sudden tonight it will barely open without crashing. Redownloaded the app several times but to no avail. Is this likely a facebook server problem, or is anyone else noticing a big drop in app function today? Maybe they're paving the way for some push notifications. Ah one can dream...

im noticing the same issue as well.... Ill be browsing other walls and then it crashes

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Yep same here. Must be something with FB and not the app. Just started for me tonight too.

ajbart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Northern Ireland
Yea, fresh restart after each new download. Strange. Sarcastic replies although might seem funny to the poster aren't very helpful. Searching forums isn't the easiest thing to do on an iPod touch. It takes long enough to type a post...

Sometimes I'd like things to just work.

x66x66

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2009
Ok so today my facebook app now crashes on open too! It never happened until today around 9! My dad's ipod is too...

pugnut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Same

Posted a few hours ago without issue and all of a sudden, can not get in....

scorpio1973

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009
Crashing here for me, too! Was fine earlier in the day. Must be an FB issue. I was beginning to think it was just me. I knew if I surfed over here I would find other people with the same issue.

hsk

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2009
Austin, TX
Me too.

My daughter brought it up to me this evening (she lives on the FB app). I had used it earlier today w/o a problem. Then I tried tonight and it crashed on me too.

Can always count on finding an answer or finding information in this forum!

eldridge

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2008
I would have gone crazy trying to figure this out. Thanks for letting me know it isn't just me.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
have you restarted the phone? The fact that it has not been updated since you started having the problem, and the fact I don't know anyone else with the problem tells me you may just need to restart the phone.

Saved for posterity. Haha.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
I guess no one read my post. It was just a server issue. Restarting or deleting was not going to fix it, so doing that was a waste of time. Anyway, it seemed to have got fixed later last night.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.