Facebook integration: I don't want all my facebook friends in contacts

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by otissmithd, Sep 21, 2012.

1. otissmithd macrumors newbie

I upgraded to iOS 6 and

I want to know if there is a way to NOT have Facebook download all of my facebook friends into my contacts.

I DO want to have all my current contact's photos updated through facebook integration if possible though. Is this possible?

2. Surminga macrumors newbie

I didn't want the same thing, which is why I didn't allow it to sync with my phone in the first place, not sure how you'd revert it but it is annoying I had it on my last iPhone and I'm sure I could revert it and not allow it to link up and share contacts etc

3. vgtek macrumors newbie

yes, just unselect contacts by going to Settings--> Facebook

For the pictures just hit update all contacts (it matches on email and/or phone number I believe)

4. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

If you just want pictures, disable Facebook integration and download "FaceSync." Its a free application that does it for you amongst other things. Only downside is you will have to manually update from time to time.

5. davidra macrumors 6502

Assume you've just installed 6.0. Go to Settings----Facebook. It will ask you to log in. When you do, it will verify, then two options will appear: for you to include calendar items and contacts from Facebook. Just select no and you'll be all set. I've just done this twice on an iPad and 4s. No contacts downloaded.

6. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Are you certain that's the app name? Search for "facesync" only brings up two apps: one has zero ratings and is in Chinese (but is free), and the other has 2 and a half stars and is $1.99.

7. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

Looks like they renamed it, checking the icon its now called "Sync.me"

8. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Awesome, thanks!