Facebook login message

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by gogreen1, Apr 13, 2018.

1. gogreen1 macrumors regular

gogreen1

When I log in to Facebook, the attached popup appears. I need to click on "Leave Page" to get into Facebook. Everything else is normal, and this popup appears only on logging in to Facebook. This behavior started a few days ago. Clearing Safari's history didn't work.

How do I prevent this popup from appearing? Is this a Facebook issue? A Safari issue?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 10.07.19 AM.png

2. Shadow Jolteon macrumors regular

Shadow Jolteon

I just tested and it is doing the same thing for me on the current version of Safari. It doesn't seem to do that in Firefox, however.

It is likely a bug in Facebook's scripting somewhere that is causing this. There's not really any setting you can adjust in Safari that would prevent this warning from coming up. I'm guessing it would be something they'll fix eventually.

3. gogreen1 thread starter macrumors regular

gogreen1

4. AdiosVista, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018

AdiosVista macrumors 6502

I came here to post this exact question. I'm on High Sierra 10.13.4 and Safari 11.1 and recently started seeing that same popup with Safari/Facebook. I can replicate the issue by:

• Opening Safari
    • Visiting Facebook's site
    • Clicking in any of the Login or Sign Up text fields
    • Then when I try to navigate away from the page (say go back to Google), that popup will appear

Hopefully others wouldn't mind testing this as well so we can get a consensus on whether or not this is normal. I feel like it only began happening in the last couple weeks.

5. gogreen1 thread starter macrumors regular

gogreen1

Just to be clear, I get this popup after entering my credentials and trying either to log in or go to another page without logging in.

If it's a Facebook problem, they're sure taking their time fixing it.