Facebook might be the cause to some of your battery drain

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aliensarecool, Jun 15, 2012.

1. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

Wirelessly posted

Randomly the app started upping my usage time and draining battery. When I logged off AND closed or deleted it, then it wouldn't happen. I got 8 hours of usage. I've tries turning off push and other things and nothing worked. If I reinstalled it might work for a while, then something would happen where it starts messing up again.

What the heck?!

2. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

Think Facebook stopped caring now that iOS 6 will have it baked into the OS.

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

"Stopped?"

4. chris007 macrumors newbie

Carat app

Hi,

This is totally by chance. But I remembered seeing this thread and came by this post about the Carat app that is supposed to tell you which apps are sucking the life out of your battery. Hope it helps! I haven't had the same problems with fb on my iPhone other than it crashing from time to time.

5. aliensarecool thread starter macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

Wirelessly posted

Carat app seem to have bad review. Plus I know it's dacebook cuz when I delete and/or close it, the problem clears up

6. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

I found carat complete crap. It was constantly using the gps which made the battery go down little faster. Moreover Facebook does drain battery. If you are jailbroken you can install battery detective from cydia and then see what apps are draining the battery. Last time I checked Facebook was draining 200mah!