Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsmith1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
latest update to FB causes newsfeed photos to go portrait instead of landscape when first viewed, hopefully the next update fixes this. You can swipe and go back will change for that view only, it’s stuck like that for now.

Waterman316

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2018
Every video I upload to Facebook is horrible in quality. And the pics aren’t as high quality either. Don’t know what it is, I have the option selected to upload in hd. I just chalk it up to Facebook sucking.

Last edited:

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Every video I upload to Facebook is horrible in quality. And the pics aren’t as high quality either. Don’t know what it is, I have the option selected to upload in hd. I just chalk it up to Facebook sucking.

Facebook compressed both images and videos.

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012
Haha then what’s the point in Facebook having an upload in hd option?
You’d have to ask them, LOL, though I wouldn’t expect a useful answer.

FWIW, even if you upload in HD, you have to go into the video when you view it and select HD to watch it in HD, and even then it doesn’t look very good. So they’ll probably say that they do offer HD.

Reactions: akash.nu

symphony

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2016
So how do you get it not to compress them?

Use a desktop to upload videos.

I uploaded a 4K episode with my group of friends on my Mac and the quality looked extremely well, even maintained it’s resolution, and the compressing wasn’t as atrocious as uploading it via an iPhone and iPad.

Waterman316

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2018
Use a desktop to upload videos.

I uploaded a 4K episode with my group of friends on my Mac and the quality looked extremely well, even maintained it’s resolution, and the compressing wasn’t as atrocious as uploading it via an iPhone and iPad.

Well that’s out for me then. I don’t have a computer. Just iPad and iPhone. It’s not that big of a deal to me honestly, just curious as to why there’s an option for it, but yet it doesn’t upload it that way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.