Facebook should be called Tracebook

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stylinexpat, May 27, 2016.

1. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

Even if you never went to the Facebook site or have any Facebook apps in your smartphone they still pop up under your website data usage no matter how many times you clear history. Facebook.net and .com will reappear every time you remove it from your Safari website history data on iPhone. Try it.. Buy any new smart

Makes you wonder whether they collect information for themselves or for others.

Apple should address stuff like this as a security issue and not allow for this to happen.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/27/11795248/facebook-ad-network-non-users-cookies-plug-ins

image.png

2. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Now more than ever I'm especially happy with my decision to _Not_ join Facebook upon its debut in 2004.

Curious as to what it was all about I entered the URL into my browser. Expecting to be able to explore the site, users were met with a plain nondescript registration page, immediately demanding ones name and email address. Finding this very off-putting, I decided to take a wait and see approach.

Fast forward to today where I've enjoyed NOT sinking countless hours into the Facebook abyss and not having to be concerned about all the personal or semi personal data they would've collected.

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I'm going to start Assbook, the anonymous SM site for the security conscious.

4. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 6502a

image.png
    Have you clicked on website data recently and looked inside? Makes you wonder why they come pre-installed on Android/Marshmallow and Google Smartphones with no uninstall option. The disable function is useless as they continue to run in the background collecting and tracking.
    --- Post Merged, May 27, 2016 ---
    If you could beat China to this you could be successful.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/china-set-launch-quantum-communications-150112080.html

5. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Well, as you know, humans do develop from the anus compared to insects who develop from the mouth (where their face is). Maybe I should throw you some angel money.

6. cube macrumors G5

NoScript. Some sites connect to so many random domains that I will not even bother.

7. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Is this the same Facebook that joined Apple and other companies in throwing tantrums against the FBI, citing privacy concerns?

Why, yes it is the same one. Using 1.2 seconds in a web search engine quickly proves a shiny happy double standard. And yet the two companies didn't start a rout at the time against each other over the what could be perceived as being hypocrisy?