FaceTime going to iphone not MBA

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by roccobladr, Nov 8, 2011.

1. roccobladr macrumors 6502

I have facetime set up on my 4S and my Macbook Air. Whenever I get facetime and i'm at my computer it goes to my phone and not my MBA. I was trying to delete the email account on the phone and have it just go to my phone number but it doesn't work.

Any idea to have facetime setup so that it will go to my computer? And maybe just to my phone when someone enters my phone number?

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

What *should* work is setting up your MBA to answer on the email and setting the phone to only answer on your phone number.

Double check that everything is set up right, then stand on your left leg while touching the tip of your nose with your RIGHT pinky finger - make sure not to use the left - and whistle your national anthem.

At least, that's about how much luck I've had routing facetime calls, but I may just be dumb.

3. roccobladr thread starter macrumors 6502

It has my phone number faded out on my iphone facetime settings. Won't let me take my email away.

I doubled checked it and tried again. I tried both pinky fingers and still no luck :(

4. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

I am curious about this as well. I can't delete my email address as a contact method in iPhone FaceTime. I would like to have just my phone number as a contact method for my phone. My MBP just has my email address.