FaceTime Made My Day Saturday!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by b-rad g, Nov 21, 2011.

1. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

I left the house Saturday to go play MW3 at a friends house right as the UT vs. Vandy game kicked off. Well after getting my ESPN updates throughout the evening it ended up 21-21 at the end of 4 quarters. I told my buddy we had to put MW3 on hold so I could watch the OT of the game. Turns out e doesn't have ESPNU so we couldn't.

Then my wife calls to see if we are watching it, and then it hit me......FACETIME!! I hit FaceTime on my phone and had my wife prop up her phone pointing at our TV at home and was able to watch our defense intercept the pass and take it to the house for the win!!! So awesome!!!

2. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

3. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

awesome!

why are you playing MW 3 again? haven't you heard about glorious BATTLEFIELD 3?

4. b-rad g thread starter macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

Yes I have heard about how glorious Battlefield 3 is, but me not having a system kind of limits me to what games my friends have and ho little time I have to play them with having 2 little ones and so much other stuff to do.

But probably gonne get one of my friends Battlefield 3 for christmas so I can see how glorious it is for myself!

5. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

FYI.....Vandy got hosed on that call. Ref blew the play dead. Should have never gone to replay.

6. Lioncrazz macrumors member

Ha ha, that's awesome! The iPhone comes in handy in so many ways.

7. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

That's great!

8. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

Great story. My wife and I used FT for the first time this weekend. She went to Tenn. to see her brother and called me with FT. I was able to see the family and give my brother in law a tour of some of the work we've done around the house. It really worked well. One more reason to love iPhones!!

9. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I played an NFL game last week at my girlfriend's by logging into my Slingplayer and mirroring it to her Apple TV 2. It was great!

10. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I was about to say the same thing. BTW, I want to point out OP...you're THAT excited over beating...wait for it...VANDY.

Granted, you'll probably beat us (UK) for the 27th straight time this Saturday, but seriously...it's VANDY for crying out loud!

(Just joshing with you OP...one SEC brother to another. Your story was actually very cool and I would've done the same thing if it were UK basketball. Actually, come to think of it...no I wouldn't. Because Big Blue Nation would NEVER choose a video game over ANY UK basketball game! You call yourself a fan????)

Again, just messing with you. (Except for the part about playing a video game over watching the game) :D

11. Mr.C macrumors 601

I would say neither of them are glorious and both franchises are way overated, in my opinion of course. That is a discussion for another thread though.

12. rkeato1 macrumors regular

1. Great FaceTime story! It's such an underused feature. I really prefer it to a phone call when I'm at home or in a place with wiFi.

2. BF3 was disappointing, IMO - both in Campaign and Multiplayer. It looks good, and the destructive environments are the best part. However, I played MW3 for the first time last night and was very impressed. Much better value, IMO.

13. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

Maybe I am missing something, but can't this be done on any mobile device using Skype?

14. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

When my brother use to have his iPhone i loved it because I could talk and see my nephews. Last year I also used a jailbroken iPhone 4 and I was able to facetime my nephews while I was on the ferry to the statue of liberty.

15. b-rad g thread starter macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

Well Vandy is better this year than they usually are, and we are rebuilding and are nowhere near as good as we usually are (****ing Lane Kiffin:mad:). If I were to pick a game to play video games instead of watching it would be the Vandy game because we're SUPPOSED to win that one.:D

But it's all good Dooley will have us back at the top in a few years!!

16. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

I use facetime as a mirror to check that my hair is in place -
    (I have never attempted a facetime call=ghey)

17. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

I love FaceTime because it's possible internationally. Absolutely love video chatting for free with my family/friends overseas, rather than having to spend money on expensive calls or impersonal e-mails.

18. chris72983 macrumors newbie

It could be worse, no actually, it could. Im an Ole Miss fan, and everybody kicked our ass this year. One can only hope for a miracle against State. LOL

19. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Hey, Vandy CRUSHED us (38-8), so I agree, they are better than usual. But, c'mon...as a UT fan, if you're gonna pick one game of the season to miss because you're playing a video game? It's gotta be UK, right??? I mean, you guys have won 26 (yes...pathetically...26) straight against us! No way you guys lose this Saturday. Seriously...we SUCK! :D

LOL...this cracked me up. Yeah, you guys are having it bad down there this year. I have to apologize, too. I mean, a couple of days after losing to UK, you guys fired Nutt. Hell, that SHOULD cost someone their job (losing to us). LOL. I'm pulling for ya this weekend, though! No offense to State. I just know how you guys feel!!! :p

There's a Florida fan floating around here somewhere too. Poor guy...they have no idea what to do now that Jesus (Tebow) isn't around anymore! Man, if you're not named Alabama, Arkansas, or LSU in the SEC this year, apparently you just suck, huh? Sad!

20. b-rad g thread starter macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

And we've won 27 of the last 28 against Vandy so really it's either one.