FaceTime on iPhone 4 Overseas

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by waterstm, Jul 28, 2012.

1. waterstm macrumors newbie

Hello.
    My wife is currently in Thailand and she has her AT&T iPhone with her. I am able to call her using FaceTime on her iPad, but not in her iPhone. I have checked that her FaceTime setting is on, and that her email is listed as well.

Also, her AT&T account is active.

Is it possible for FaceTime to work on her iPhone?

Appreciate any information.

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

3. waterstm thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, I forgot to mention that.
    Yes, she does have wifi connection.

When I call her using her associated email address, it only rings on her iPad. Her iPhone shows no incoming FaceTime requests.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Try having her disable facetime on her phone, reboot, re-enable, re-boot.

5. waterstm thread starter macrumors newbie

That sounds like a good first step. I just wasn't sure if FaceTime was an obvious no-go for her current situation. I'll have her try your suggestion once she wakes up. Appreciate your help.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

It shouldn't be, especially if it is working on another device at the same location.

Alternately, if my first suggestion doesn't work, try having her call your facetime account from her phone. For good measure, have her switch caller id setting to her email rather than phone number (under face time settings).

7. perqele macrumors newbie

In some countries, facetime or video chat applications like skype are restricted. I am not sure f this is the case in Thailand but this might be the issue.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I considered that, however it is working on her iPad...

9. TSKY74 macrumors regular

TSKY74

FaceTime should work in Thaiiland on the iPhone. My wife is also in Thailand and we use it everyday with her and my son. There was two days when it didn't work even though she was able to send emails.

10. waterstm thread starter macrumors newbie

No go.

She can not not send and/or receive messages. She is still connected to a wifi connection and we have verified her email address is associated to her FaceTime and messages apps.

When I send a message or attempt a FaceTime session, the message appears to send and the FaceTime rings, but she receives neither notification.

11. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

no my fiance is from Thailand and spends half the year there....in thailand they do not restrict facetime or skype or anything like that