Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrbroots

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2014
Hi,

My wife and I have iPads. Hers is a 2017 iPad running iOS 11.0.1, mine is an iPad Air 2 running iOS 10.3.3.
Ever since she updated to iOS 11, FaceTime won't work correctly on her iPad, whereas mine works as usual :
- if she rotates it horizontally then vertically (or vice versa), a third of the screen remains stuck only displaying a blurry background, the other part still working with a partial video.
- If she presses the home button to reduce it, Picture in Picture takes forever to run, then no video at all. And it doesn't go away when the call is ended, it just remains on the screen until a hard reboot is performed.

Additionally, whenever one of these situations occur, she won't be able to stop the call by herself, like it's stuck and I'm the only one able to end it. She also won't be able to call me back : pressing my name in the app only displays the front camera, it doesn't make the call and doesn't ring.

Performing a hard boot resets the app until the issue is repeated.

Does anyone else have a similar issue and/or managed to solve it ?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.