Facetime ?

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
A few questions

Do you guys have problems hearing the other person and vice versa sometimes ?

I was over 3G maybe that was the problem

Also is there a way to make it so is not such a big close up to your face ,without holding the phone farther away from you

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
A few questions

Also is there a way to make it so is not such a big close up to your face ,without holding the phone farther away from you
I used Facetime yesterday and had no problems at all.

You cannot use it on 3G (unless you JB, I think). Otherwise it's WiFi only. Also there is no way to adjust the size, except by moving it closer or further away from you.

Comment

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Yea i use facetime over 3g with 3gunrestrictor

That right there is a good enough reason to jailbreak

Comment

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
My facetime/speakerphone (skype works fine for some reason), stopped working months ago, not sure why.

other user claims I sound like I am under water:confused:

Comment

sfxx

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2012
San Jose, CA

I would guess that's the issue, there has to be a reason why Apple does not allow people to use it without Wi-Fi, performance on 3G must be too poor and they don't want to hear the complaints.

Comment

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit

I would guess that's the issue, there has to be a reason why Apple does not allow people to use it without Wi-Fi, performance on 3G must be too poor and they don't want to hear the complaints.
That's precisely your problem in all likelihood. Something in the JB broke it's performance.

Comment

Tea-Aholic

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2011
Melbourne, Australia

You were on a slow 3G connection, therefore you may have had problems with hearing the other person.

No, the front facing camera has a fixed focal length, therefore it is not possible to "zoom out".

Comment

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
There is no focus/zoom on the camera, so what you see is what you get.

By the way, there is no extra charge to and more descriptive words to your thread title.

Comment

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
Like practically any video & audio stream over the internet, the quality of such will degrade when the quality of your connection goes south. Better connection (aka wifi), better quality.
3G connection=possible but not as good as broadband.

Comment

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
My facetime works fine over 3G.
I had a few facetime calls yesterday over 3G and didnt skip or freeze at all.
But again it depends on your connection, my AT&T 3G speeds both upload and download are very good where I live.

Comment

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
My facetime works fine over 3G.
I had a few facetime calls yesterday over 3G and didnt skip or freeze at all.
But again it depends on your connection, my AT&T 3G speeds both upload and download are very good where I live.
Yes, but you don't count. Haven't we had this conversation before? Now back in your cage.

Comment

ChittagongBoy

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2011
FACETIME In-operative

Folks !! anyone else having issues while trying to make a facetime call, may it be from iphone to iphone , ipad to iphone.... you get the drift.

After 3 rings I get the call failed message - any solution to this problem, I should mention that I did try by turning the phone of and back on , but to no avail :(

FYI: my device is jailbroken , before you jump to conclusions my brother who is using an unlocked version of the 4S , and a friend who is using an i4 on AT&T is also having the same issues.

H E L P ! ! !

Comment

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Folks !! anyone else having issues while trying to make a facetime call, may it be from iphone to iphone , ipad to iphone.... you get the drift.

After 3 rings I get the call failed message - any solution to this problem, I should mention that I did try by turning the phone of and back on , but to no avail :(

FYI: my device is jailbroken , before you jump to conclusions my brother who is using an unlocked version of the 4S , and a friend who is using an i4 on AT&T is also having the same issues.

H E L P ! ! !
Might be a conflict with a JB package you have installed.
I had the same issue before and the problem was Igotya or I caughtU from what I remember.

Comment

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009

H E L P ! ! !
Are you facetiming the same email address but in another device ?

I had that problem

Using my iphone to facetime my ipad
I had the same 2 emails in receive at" in both devices ,

U cant facetime the same email i think

Comment

ChittagongBoy

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2011
Are you facetiming the same email address but in another device ?

I had that problem

Using my iphone to facetime my ipad
I had the same 2 emails in receive at" in both devices ,

U cant facetime the same email i think

No, Im trying to call another person, diff email, diff number

Comment