Fact Checking Trump's Press Conference

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Sep 27, 2018.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Trying to recap the amount of lies would be harder than trying to count grains of sand on a beach. Ramblings of a delusional, egotistical narcissist.

3. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

The lies just never stop with him. Too bad that his worshipers won't acknowledge that he is mentally ill.

4. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

To the extent that you interpret the term "lie" as saying something you know to be false, I don't think that all of Trump's false statements are lies. Many are worse, in that they reveal an inability by Trump to discern the difference between fiction and reality. If I thought that he genuinely understood that so much of what he says is false, I would have some degree of confidence that, in a crisis, his actions would be based on actual circumstances. But, I have no such confidence with Trump. He genuinely believes that a lot of the garbage he spews is correct, which is why, if government leaders in the Cabinet and Congress really valued the well-being of the country and its citizens over their own political futures, Trump would have been removed under the 25th Amendment long ago.

5. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Watching that man speak last night, I became almost physically ill. The way he treated journalists was disgusting and rude. He never let them finish a question/statement, and then rambled on about whatever he felt like.

He is seriously delusional.

6. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

And he can't stop talking about the election.

7. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

That's because it was the greatest election victory in the history of the nation...the earth...the galaxy...the universe.

8. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 601

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

Spywife has been keeping her head low lately. She’s probably looking for National Treasure and the secret Kenyan birth certificate.

9. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

The best part about that circus ****-show of laughter and unhinged idiocy is that you just know he will find a way to top himself. He probably thinks "it was a massive success, a great success, one of the best press conferences". So he will have to beat himself by giving another great press conference to top this one.