Factory unlocked iPhone 5 in US

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gtgrad95, Oct 23, 2012.

1. gtgrad95 macrumors 6502

Any idea when the factory unlocked version is coming out in the US through the Apple store? I am anxiously waiting. I know it's been a month. Is inventory still tight at Apple stores for the 5?

Also, with T-Mobile's LTE rollout next year, will the LTE bands on the current AT&T version be supported?

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Just go buy a full price att iphone 5 at apple it will be unlocked! And yes tmobile LTE will work!

3. Cebuano1976 macrumors regular

I bought the Verizon version for full retail price. It's already unlocked. I am on T-Mobile too.

From what I've read on here, Verizon model will work with T-Mobile since they both work with 1900MHz. I also read that T-Mobile got some of AT&T AWS. So both models might work with T-Mobile LTE.

4. gtgrad95 thread starter macrumors 6502

Cool, thanks. Just wondering if this has been confirmed. In the past, even when buying a no contract iPhone at the Apple store (for $649), they were still locked to AT&T.

5. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

No 4/4S were $699 full price! And Apple started selling full price att unlocked iphone since the 4S. So it is going to be this way from now on! I was really surprised and exicted when I paid my iphones 5 3 total at the price of $649 plus tax it came out to around $703 here in texas for each of course!