Failed SMS - multiple recipients - infuriating!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MoodyM, May 21, 2010.

1. MoodyM macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

Is there any way round this annoyance, it's driving me mad!

Basically, if you SMS multiple recipients and it fails at some point for any reason (maybe loss of signal, or one of the recipient's numbers is now a dead/void number), you simply get a red exclamation and the chance to "Try again".

You have absolutely no way of knowing which recipients it was successful for and which didn't get it. So if you try again, a whole host of people get it twice! And worse, if it turns out the problem is a dead number, and you don't know who's is the dead one, you have to SMS them one by one to find it!

Any way round this?

Thanks

2. MadGamer macrumors newbie

I got this at first, but that was because my Network Provider was still updating my account.

3. MoodyM thread starter macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

It's still an issue. I'm not saying I have a specific problem causing this. I'm saying, generally speaking, what's the solution to the problem of the iPhone not telling you exactly which recipients failed...

4. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I definitely don't know anyway. This has happened to me before when I try to send an SMS in an area with low service (basically the inside of many buildings where I live)