Failing to add contacts on my iphone 4, iOS 4.3.3, Mac OSX Lion using itunes 10.5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nawizo, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Nawizo macrumors member

I have been tryin to add contacts address book to my recently restored iphone 4 running iOS 4.3.3. using my laptop running Mac OSX lion and itunes 10.5. My phone currently has no contacts but my contacts are there in my Mac address book. what do i do. everytime i sync contacts nothing is added

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Did you check the "Contacts" under "Replace information on this iPhone"?

One of my friend is having the same problem but it's with photos. I have tried everything. For instance, I uncheck the sync photos then sync; which deletes all photos in her ipod touch then i check the sync photos but it would not sync the photos.

Her ipod touch is on 4.3.3.

3. Nawizo thread starter macrumors member

yes i checked that. this was so much easier on snow leopard. lion has done more harm than good

4. Nawizo thread starter macrumors member

I figured it out. What I did was to select all my contacts in my address book, exported them as an archive so that I would have a backup in case of anything and made sure I know the folder it was saved in (most likely 'Documents'). Then I created a folder on my desktop and selected all my contacts again in address book and dragged them into the folder I created on my desktop hence saving them in one vCard. then that done I went to my address book selected all my contacts once more and deleted them all. I restarted address book making sure that there were no contacts then went to my saved vCard in the folder on the desktop and double clicked it, and accepted to add the contacts. After that connected my iPhone, checked the "Contacts" under "Replace information on this iPhone" in iTunes and clicked apply and I had successfully transferred the contacts at the end of the sync