General Faintly remember there was a tweak to view each photos EXIF tag, is there for iOS 7?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kalirob99, Apr 5, 2014.

1. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I see there's one in Cydia called Photo Info. Anyone tried it or know if there's a better tweak for the situation?

2. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

i used to use that in ios 6. Dont know if its compatible with ios 7 yet. Also, iPhoto on iphone lets u see the exif data.

3. kalirob99, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014

kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Hmmm I was hoping for something that might be built into the Photo.app. It also looks like Photo Info is iOS 7 compatible. Suppose I'll be the test dummy lol.

EDIT: I'm bummed to report back that it doesn't seem to be working.
    But I'm on iOS 7.1 b3, so wondering if that's the issue. Can anyone confirm that's the problem?

4. The Mad Hatter macrumors 6502a

The Mad Hatter

Photo Info 2.0.0 works fine on my 4S and my Air, both on 7.0.6

HTH

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I've been using Photo Info since it was updated for iOS7. Does what it claims.

6. DigitalDawn macrumors regular

Works for me on 7.06.

7. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

8. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Yes, it doesn't work because you're on the 7.1 beta

Although not the best solution, the AppStore app called Koredoko can help. Idk if it's free or not because I have the cloud icon, sorry

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/koredoko-exif-and-gps-viewer/id286765236?mt=8

9. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

1. Yup, if you are on 7.1b, then, you're out of luck WRT JB hacks.

BTW, I've directly mailed the dev on this matter right after publishing the linked-to article addition (almost a month ago) on whether it's possible to make his tweak 7.1b-compliant (or just whether he plans to add a <7.1 dependency in the control file / block); no answer from him so far.

2. WRT EXIF-capable AppStore apps, what I recommend the most is Photo Manager Pro. It's, in addition to being a very capable image viewer, also displays EXIF data very well, incl. location. I've published a detailed analysis of the EXIF capabilities of the app (and a lot of other stuff) HERE.

10. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Could there be a chance you might be able to look into it? I have no idea how to code so I might as well be given a book in Braille lol. You seem to be one of the few here that might know what you're looking at.
    I emailed him also but I got an automated response that his mother is ill so he's not working. So doubt there will be any work for a while. :(

11. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Regrettably, Photo Info, while free, isn't open source. That is, I couldn't do much with it other than what I've already done (testing under 7.1b3 only to find out it crashes the entire app.) If it was open source, I might have the chance to find out the cause for the crash.

12. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Darn. What are the odds he'd change it?

13. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Dunno. As I stated above, he doesn't really seem to answer his mails - I've mailed him at 0.ningxia@gmail.com from my iPhone Life account (so that he knows I'm not just a Joe Sixpack) a month ago and he haven't answered.

14. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

That's the same I emailed, but i am an average joe lol. I did get an email back saying