Fair Oaks Mall, VA.

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by ghostlyorb, Jun 20, 2010.

1. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

Anyone going to be at this store? I wasn't able to Pre-order. So my friend and I were going to go and try to grab one really early. Know of a good time to get there?

2. Bleuis macrumors newbie

We will be there around 5 or 6 but we preordered!:)

3. sjn419 macrumors regular

I'll be there but no one will be allowed on property let alone allowed to form a line before 6am.

4. hoffmabc macrumors newbie

Where is the best place to start forming a line before 6am?

Will we be able to wait outside of the mall prior to 6am? Which entrance is the best to go into?

5. sjn419 macrumors regular

6. ghostlyorb thread starter macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

Where do you get this information? If it's legit information I won't complain because I would love the extra hour of sleep I could be getting.:D

7. sjn419 macrumors regular

I called the mall management office and spoke to a Brian, I think he's the assistant to head of security. The lady in charge wasnt there

8. hoffmabc macrumors newbie

9. Renfred93 macrumors member

bumpit, yeah everyone, I plan to call apple today but they might not have all the answers.

where should we enter
    when might people start lining up
    where should we line up before 6 am
    will they have a lot of phones

10. ghostlyorb thread starter macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

I plan on getting there at around 5. We MacRumors people should all meet up and hope to get some phones!

11. evilyankeefan macrumors regular

evilyankeefan

I think the entrance closest to the :apple: store is the one at The Cheesecake Factory. At least that's the one I've always gone to and will again tomorrow.

I've queued up early before and was always inside so I couldn't tell you if a line forms outside or not.

We'll soon find out. :)

12. web4fun macrumors member

FYI, just spoke to Fair Oaks Management Office and they aren't letting anyone on the parking lot till 5:15a.m. and doors will open to the mall at 6:00a.m.

13. iHokie macrumors newbie

For the iPhone 3G launch my friend and I were just sitting in my car in the parking lot around 5AM near Cheesecake Factory waiting for the mall to open and security came and told us to get off the property. We ended up just parking at this hotel's parking lot that's right next to mall :D

14. sjn419 macrumors regular

Posting from the Apple store iMac now :)

Confirmed that no one will be allowed on property ie: parked, walking, waiting, or driving before 6am. Cheesecake factory entrance will be the only entrance we can enter from. Doors open @6am. Once in we'll walk (or be kicked off property) to apple store/fountain area.

Good Luck!

15. sjn419 macrumors regular

was it one big rush to the door at 6am? how crazy was it?

16. iHokie macrumors newbie

It wasn't really a big rush, a couple people ran but most just speed walked in. I'd say there was probably a crowd of 20ish people coming in at first but within an hour it got really packed and Apple set up some ropes to form lines.

17. skinsone macrumors regular

Spoke with the head of security this evening. They have already corded off the area by the elevator, behind the info desk where the tables/chairs usually are, by L&T on the LL for the lines to form. Two lines, reserved and without. You can park in the lot by Cheesefactory as early as 5:50am as this will be the only door to enter. They said they will have 5 or more patrols on the parking lots to monitor the people.

Anyone running will be removed from the premises and denied entrance into the Apple store. Employees will also be monitoring or moving the lines into the store too. AT&T will have employees there to help with activation issues.

No white phones and I couldn't get anyone to spill the beans of how many phones they will have available for walk ins.

Good luck everyone. See you there .... or not.:)

18. Corryl macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info! I figured I'd at least register for the forums, and thank everyone...with that though, see you all in 7 hours 4 minutes :D

19. hoffmabc macrumors newbie

Got my iPad all charged up and ready to go. I got a question for you all. I got a reserve for my phone, but I want to get one for my wife. Which line do I wait in?

20. hoffmabc macrumors newbie

I just heard from my bro in law that there are already people there waiting.

21. sjn419 macrumors regular

I'm here now. no one is lined up. Around 4am I saw about 10 people bum rush the door at the same time only to be turned away.

22. sjn419 macrumors regular

Btw I'm parked in the cut, lights killed. If the guy in the bright ass silver BMW that just pulled up next to me is reading this, I hate you.

23. daseff macrumors newbie

Question before I head out to the mall;
    If I pre-ordered my iPhone stating that I wanted to port my current number and entered that number during checkout, do I HAVE to port that number when I pick up my pre-order? Or can I still get my iPhone but with a new number issued from AT&T?

24. evilyankeefan macrumors regular

evilyankeefan

LOL Thanks for the updates. I'm going to head out in about 15 or so minutes, but it sounds like it is low-key right about now.

25. sjn419 macrumors regular

Im first person in line :) blue dress shirt, hat