Fake Apple iPhone

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
ePrarie.com posted an article with fake Apple Cell Phone pictures... but claims they are "leaked" pictures from Apple.

ePrairie has obtained these three photographs (dated September 2002) of an unannounced Apple cell phone called the Applele hiPhone R4 CHICAGO (Exclusive) – A picture can tell a thousand words. Leaked to the right place at the right time, some pictures of some products can even tell a story of a new venture by an unsuspecting company that has decided to silence the word. Well, at least for now.

These photos, and other mock-ups can be found at Applele.com. MacNN also posted a link to the article/images as authentic.

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
I think it is kinda funny...

Apple does not even make computers in colored plastics anymore... :rolleyes: :p

mysticdp

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2002
Victoria, Australia
wtf?

They look like crap! Maybe would have looked a bit better about 3 years ago with the iBook clamshells. Apple need to go for a nice white or titanium style iPhone. That would rock. :)

Chisholm

macrumors regular
May 31, 2002
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
I ran across theese pics a few weeks ago in the SpyMac.com gallery. Thew artist that did them has some neat ideas.

I think the only thing that would keep me from buying an iPhone would be if they actually used these silly color schemes.

cheers!
-john

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
i know these are fake but why did the "fakester" use that logo .... you know the un bitten apple logo? afraid of a lawsuit? whats up?

reyesmac

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
Central Texas
Apple should make a program to use your Mac as a phone before they go and try to create a new phone device. Let them work the bugs out before you sell a product that should work like an appliance. I don't want to download bug fixes for a phone every few months.
I would much rather have my Mac tell me the phone is ringing and tell me who it is than for me to pay for yet another service that might last only a few years.

Krossfyter - they used a different logo than Apples because that is Applele's logo, he is not trying to make people believe Apple made these. He is a fan that made his own "company" that produces the computers he would like to see.

Scab Cake

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2001
two words about MacNN:

idiots. :)

Nah, but applele.com has been around for quite a while. They SHOULD know better.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Originally posted by Scab Cake
two words about MacNN:

idiots. :)

Nah, but applele.com has been around for quite a while. They SHOULD know better.
Exactly. MacNN lost me as a reader a long time ago. Almost as bad as MOSR. Even ThinkSecret gets stuff wrong once in awhile, but those sites... Someone once asked me how I would feel if they disappeared forever. I told them I couldn't care less. And I really couldn't. Now this site on the other hand...

Long live MacRumors!!!

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
I don't get it. These are obviously renderings. Why in the heck would you think these are anything but fantasy? When was the last time a rendering was traced to Apple? Never.

At least with the bloody iWalk, someone went through the trouble of actually mocking one up...

theaz

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2002
agreed. MacNN has lost me due to :
(1) sensationalist reporting frequently based on anecdotal 'information'
(2) the grumpiest forums i know of (pretty much every forum has someone saying that they are sick to death with the mac platform and are going to switch ;) )

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
Applele has some pretty neat items...

... of course they have been around for a while, and some of their drawings are based on earlier Apple products, but most are pretty neat-o. Weren't they the ones that did the G5 Sphere? Or was that someone else? Maybe we should slip that one to some of these rumor sites and see if they think it's real.:D

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
this is retarded. don't they know that Apple no longer does the colorful IKEA-like thing anymore? if Apple came out with a phone right now it would either be white or silver. this thing brings back horrible memories of the clamshell days(no offense clamshell owners).

Shrek

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2002
Nashville, Tennessee USA
As I've stated before, if Apple made phones look like that I would buy one immediately! I can see the chicks digging me already! Oh, I almost forgot: I'm an ogre. I shouldn't have said that. Oh well. LoL. :D

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
They were made quite well, but they are really ugly. Not enough buttons :D. It looked like an old iBook in phone form... ugggghhh. If apple charged a lot of money for that there is no way I (or anyone else) would buy one...

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Originally posted by reyesmac

Krossfyter - they used a different logo than Apples because that is Applele's logo, he is not trying to make people believe Apple made these. He is a fan that made his own "company" that produces the computers he would like to see.

ahh okay... thanks man.

bartje

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2002
iphone ?

This is the most ugly phone I've ever seen. I'm a real macfreak and buy almost everything that's released by Apple, but I would never buy such a thing like this. Bad shape, too big, bad colors…:( :(

buy the way, for everyone who's waiting for an Iphone by Apple : while waiting, just buy the sonyericsson t68i and your got everything you need and it works well with icall, the adressbook…

ajkandy

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2002
VoIP...not that far away

Having joined .Mac recently, I downloaded Virex and started scanning away. Boy was I surprised to see "Telephony" libraries showing up!

Of course, we don't know what they do - if they're just for using the internal fax modem, or for Bluetooth to use a cell phone as a modem, or whatever.

But VoIP on the Mac is not that far away. Dialpad, an IP telephony provider, has a client for the Mac.

On the PC side, "softphones" abound; there are even softphones for Wi-Fi enabled PocketPCs.

Apple themselves have never provided any explicit support for SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) or H.323 (voice standard) in OS X, but UNIX telephony libraries are everywhere; all Apple needs to do is port the code stacks to OS X. Not an overnight process, but do-able.

That at least would open the door the 3rd-party developers, but we know Apple likes to put their iSpin on things.

iPhone might be the "softphone" client component; it doesn't make sense for Apple to start competing with the major VoIP hardware makers (Cisco, Avaya etc.) or the softswitch (software PBX) market, but if they create the client, they could certainly start buddying up with them...

The killer hardware device doesn't exist yet - a GSM/GPRS cell phone with Bluetooth *and* 802.11 - and if you're going that far, you might as well add some PDA functionality (a MicroDrive-based iPod w/contacts?)....

VirginiaGreene

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2002
connecticut
Fake Apple News Site

I used to check out MacDirectory news page each afternoon for the reporting but in the past four months there is no more in depth content -- just press releases. Does anyone here know what happened?