Fake Honduras mob

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by darksithpro, Oct 22, 2018.

1. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Don't buy into the fake mob people. It's most likely a Dem ploy to sway the midterms. Notice how all the pictures and video have them walking the whole time?

[​IMG]

2. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

If it’s a Dem ploy as you say, it’s a particularly awful one. As everyone knows, nothing energizes trumps base like the fear and disdain of “the others”.

A scary mob of Hispanics heading for the border is the perfect event for Trump to point to to get all his MAGA folks out to the polls.

3. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Why in God’s name is anyone citing James Woods for anything?

4. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Anyone please explain to me why they think this mob is entirely organic.

5. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

^Yeah I was going to say, it could easily be construed as a Republican ploy. So what's the claim, anyway? That George Soros is providing buses for the migrants to make it across Mexico by election day?

I prefer James Woods when he was appearing in Family Guy:

6. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

...the caravan happens every year since 2010. I know this may be news to some, but that’s your fault for only finding interest in this when the right wing news sources suddenly discovered it heading into the midterms.

Now, the root of the exodus is the US’s coup in Honduras under the Obama administration but I know none of the team sports crowd wants to own up to it.

7. raqball macrumors 68000

So Taylor Swift can speak, should be listened to and anyone who thinks differently is __insert talking point word here__ but James Woods should shut the ____ up?

8. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

I wish Taylor Swift would shut the hell up about politics too. I’m tired of the celebrity worship in this country. Making it big in pop culture doesn’t make you educated on anything other than the industry.

Both Woods and Swift have every right to speak, what I can’t fathom is why either should be *listened to* on these matters by anyone.

Perhaps you should stop responding to me like I’m a partisan?

9. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

That’s what I’m trying to understand too. The Dems bus hundreds of Hondurans to the US/Mexico border to do...what exactly? A sight seeing tour? Wave at border patrol?

Not really understanding how this could possibly help the dems at all. Particularly since many of them are seeking asylum in Mexico’s and if they don’t get it, they’ll be repatriated back to Honduras.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...un-plan-caravan-honduran-migrants/1690833002/

10. raqball macrumors 68000

I wasn't really responding to you, I just used your post to illustrate the difference.. I don't recall you being on the T. Swift side of the discussion so my bad if you took it that way...

11. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not hundreds, but up to seven thousand. They're probably going to rush the border. Did you not see what has happened in Guatemala recently? https://www.prensalibre.com/guatema...s-es-informacion-protegida-segun-el-ejecutivo

There's a US media blackout on this. Don't you think it's concerning?

12. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

No hablo Español, so I can’t read your link, but I’m assuming it has something to do with the ISIS operatives that the Guatemalan president claims to have captured?

If so, I’m not following your reasoning for believing that the caravan is a faked event orchestrated by democrats. Why would they do that?

13. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Obviously showing images of thousands of poor foreigners being arrested and repelled back by border patrol will make Trump and the Repubs look bad.

14. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Well now I’m really confused.

This is what Trump and the GOP wants to do isn’t it? This is what his base is calling for, correct? “You have to go back”...”load up the buses”...”no anchor babies”...”they’re all criminals”... isn’t that the message?

Trump, the GOP and his base have stated over and over again that people who come here and try to enter illegally are illegals. Illegals need to be arrested and sent back to where they came from. We’re a nation of laws. The law says that those poor foreigners can’t be here.

Sending them away is the right thing to do, so why on earth would they believe doing so would make them look bad?

15. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think you just made the case on why the Dems might be behind this.

16. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Let me try this another way.

You’re saying that that the Dems are trying to cause embarrassment for the GOP by creating a bunch of people that they’ll need to arrest and send away.

I’m saying that the GOP is already doing that and believe that doing so is the right thing to do.

Why would they be embarrassed by doing more of what they consider to be the right thing?

17. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Because it will most likely include force, so images of poor women and children getting blasted with pepper spray and water will be on display for the MSM to use against Republicans. It's a dirty tactic.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 22, 2018 ---
    https://twitter.com/RepMattGaetz/status/1052629557826736129

"BREAKING: Footage in Honduras giving cash 2 women & children 2 join the caravan & storm the US border @ election time. Soros? US-backed NGOs? Time to investigate the source!"

-Congressman Matt Gaetz

18. eatrains macrumors 6502

The source is most likely desperate conservatives wanting to rile up their base.

19. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

Clearly this is a Soros plot. I guess he had to divert money from his Antifa Super Soldier fund for this.

20. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Almost every single accusation Reps makes against Libs turns out to be BS.

ppppppplllllll.JPG

21. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Then maybe they should act in a civilised manner and process them as the US legal system requires of refugees. Then they won't look like asshats.

22. JayMysterio, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018

JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

Wait, I realize I'm late to the party again... But you mean to tell me the dems went back in time
    When you can't discuss an issue honestly because you have nothing to discuss, ...just make :mad: up! Then when you get caught after spreading such disinformation ( probably after you got done screaming 'fake news' at real journalism ) pretend to apologize & not have a clue how you could have gotten something so wrong. o_O

23. BeeGood, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018

BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

I find it interesting that you’re assuming that a group largely made up of women and children will need to be dealt with by force when they’ve done absolutely nothing to this point that warrants a violent response.

I’d rather not speculate about why that is, but I am curious as to why you’d make that assumption.

Right underneath that tweet: 75542B91-83F7-4C77-8C20-9C1846B70C4E.png

And here’s the google street view if you don’t believe him.

https://www.google.com/maps/@14.790...4!1sKcn6lPlCBwAISjFyD6DuLg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Given the fact that the guy you’re quoting is lying about the location of this handout, you’ll have to forgive me for thinking that he’s also lying about the motivations behind the handout.

EDIT: @LIVEFRMNYC beat me to it.

24. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

wow, democratic party influence surpasses geographical boundaries. impressive.

25. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

It's not enough that the Republican hysteria about brown people was all over the place. Now the caravan is filled with ISIS terrorists. SMDH. These folks really take the cake. Hysteria is a real thing and we're seeing it right now.

https://reason.com/blog/2018/10/22/unfounded-hysteria-over-migrant-caravan