Fake news regarding fake news that Trump misunderstood and tweeted about

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by kobalap, Mar 7, 2017.

1. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Fox & Friends has always been a right wing propaganda entertainment show.

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

If only they could just take Twitter and the TV away from him, he might start becoming somewhat Presidential and maybe even more fact based.

3. BeefCake 15 macrumors 65816

BeefCake 15

They should limit his TV time like I did with my kids. Also, it'll be fun to send him Onion News stories and see what happens.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

Indeed. But I get why he likes twitter. He can post it without the filter of the media. Which in this case is actually like $h!T going through a water purifier. Sure it's cleaner - but you still wouldn't want to consume it.

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Fox News in its entirety has always been so. Roger Ailes wrote a 318 page proposal for Nixon when he was working for the white house called "A Plan for Putting the GOP on TV News" that outlined how the GOP could set up a "news" organization to spread it's messaging as TV was clearly (in his eyes, and he was right) the information medium that was going to shape politics in the future.

Nixon didn't pick up on it, Rupert Murdoch did, and Fox News was born.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog.../01/AG1W7XtH_blog.html?utm_term=.c6e35c284cbb

If you people don't believe this, you can go to the Nixon Library yourself and check out the primary source document, again this was written BY Roger Ailes while working for Nixon.

6. kobalap thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm looking forward to the day that my fellow Republicans finally own up to the giant mistake we made nominating then electing this fool. Then we can impeach Trump, remove him from office and let an adult (Pence) take his place.

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Policy wise, what difference would Pence make? Obviously the outlandish statements and child like tweeting would stop, but the legislation that is being crafted and will be passed is owned wholesale by the GOP. I admire that you're being somewhat principled in regards to Trump, but you have to admit it was your party that elected him, and are now using him as the rubber stamp required to tear apart government agencies and deregulate everything.

When the GOP cuts military pay for low ranking officers (hinted at in a Senate Armed Services Committee from Dec. 6th) in order to save some money to be used for expanding weapon procurement, are you going to stand up against your party and say no?

8. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Never going to happen :).

To make things worse, I see both Republicans and Democrats running for office emulating Trump during their election. The days of presidential candidates are over.

9. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Yes, it is really disgusting what they've done, masquerading as a legitimate news station and making money hand over fist spreading their hateful propaganda to these fools who eat up like flies on ****.

10. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

yes you just ruined the future.

11. samcraig macrumors P6

I'm also curious what the threshold for promoting a company like Exxon for its initiative and full out endorsing/advertising the brand. Because Trump seems to be right on that edge. The only thing he didn't say was "go out and buy Exxon gas"

12. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I own Exxon Mobile stock so I don't mind :).

13. Nefilim Suspended

Do we already have an official translation from "deplorable pig grunt to normal speak" as in "really he was trying to say this-and-that with his tweet"?

14. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Just imagine, the The Apprentice guy with all the resources available to the President of the U.S. relies on a TV show for his intel. Instead of checking with his honest experts (does he have any of those?) he relies on Fox and Breitbart for his pseudo-facts. What a loser.