Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Griff48

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2015
I used my hand to seat a plastic trim piece on my truck’s bumper. Can’t remember whether I used my left or right hand, but the watch thought it detected a hard fall and started the emergency notification process. Fortunately I saw it and canceled before it called anybody. Just something to keep in mind.

Reactions: kodos

Griff48

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2015
I understand. Being an old guy I just have to remember to do that before I clobber a piece of plastic. Then turn it back on afterward. Should have been a boxer I guess.

Reactions: Dezlboy and cwanja

Griff48

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2015
When I saw the fall detection screen up I reacted very quickly to acknowldge that I was ok. There was a cancel box as well so I poked that too. I don’t know if the cancel option was to cancel any further action, or would simply cancel the whole situation. I wish now that I had taken more time to pay attention, but was more interested in avoiding a 911 call. I already did that once while messing with the SOS feature on my AW3. I’m a slow learner it seems.

Jetfire

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
I had to turn it off on my Dad's watch. It activate when he leaned back into his chair. He has polio in his left arm and can't really use it to kill it. Luck I was there to do it. I wander how many false alarms this will cause. I remember when they first introduced the SOS feature and if I would wear glove it would trigger it all the time. I had to turn it off. My sister actually had it call once.

They need an option to just send it to you Emergency Contacts and not call 911 (Emergency Services). This would give you more options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.