Family Share questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spacepawn, Sep 1, 2014.

1. spacepawn macrumors newbie

Is anybody out there using Family share already?
    So if somebody in the family sharing group purchases something is that purchase available to everybody else forever? Like what happens if you have to remove somebody to add a new ID since the limit is 6, does the new addition get access to all the purchases and what happens to the ID that was removed? Does this family sharing solution eliminates the need to share an itunes id account to share purchases? The small footnote in the Family Share page says some purchases are not eligible... That worries me, I'd like to know before I switch from using a shared account.

2. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

You should contact your service provider. Each plan is different. Depending on when you add a phone. Which cellular contract you are on.

3. Applejuiced, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  4. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I think they're talking about the family sharing features that are being added to iOS 8, not a cell phone plan :). Perhaps the title needs to be edited to specify.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The Family Share option requires support from the developer. The developer can choose not to allow this function for their application hence the part where some purchases are eligible.

And if you remove someone they lose access to all the apps purchased via your account, but they can still update the applications that are already on the device from what I can tell.

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Oh gotcha. I was looking at it the wrong way.

Personally I would only share media like movies. For instance I would like to share a movie I bought at the store and uploaded to my iCloud with a family member. Apps you can purchase on your own. If we are talking about kids, then get them an Apps gift card.