Family Sharing - Age Change - Cost Me £££'s

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by aquaboy, Jul 1, 2015.

1. aquaboy macrumors regular

aquaboy

With the release of AppleMusic and the Family Package I decided to add my 3 children and partner to my Family Sharing.
    I noticed that the 8 year old was showing as an adult and decided to try and change her age. So I followed the following steps....

I Logged on to her appleid.apple.com and changed her date of birth. It then sent me an email which I clicked the link to approve request to turn her from an adult to a child. I was then prompted to verify my ID and iTunes account by entering my Credit Card info. Once this was done, I would have expected to go to another screen to complete the processes... But nothing happened... so I repeated the processes... over and over again...
    The Result... She is still an Adult...

And I now have 11 pending payments (which I'm sure will be refunded) but it's left me out of pocket in the mean time!

Attached Files:

2. MrMoonUK macrumors member

It hasn't left you out of pocket as they are just authorisations

3. aquaboy thread starter macrumors regular

aquaboy

That money is set aside by the bank, until it is released again. So my available funds are reduced according. That can take 3-5days... Not good if your on a budget.

4. kingtj macrumors 68020

That's frustrating. We had the same issue last night, where due to setting up the family subscription for Apple Music, it steered us towards finally setting up family sharing so it would work with it. Two of our three kids had incorrect birthdays on their personal iTunes accounts (probably done long ago in order to allow them to download and use some app(s) we wanted them to have that required them to be older than they were?). In our case though, I was successful updating their ages from that appleid page, after answering the security questions and so on.

Where I'm having issues now is, every time one of our kids tries to download a new app, my wife and I get a push notification asking to confirm or deny it (even free downloads, which I *wish* we could configure it to just auto-accept). Whenever I try to confirm one though, it asks for my iCloud password. I enter it and it says it's incorrect, and re-prompts. On the 2nd. or 3rd. try, the background on my iPhone behind the dialog box paints itself black instead of white and everything gets real sluggish on the keyboard input. Then it basically freezes up for a few seconds and dumps me back out to the main screen, with her app still unauthorized. My wife had the same issue on her iPad trying to authorize it.