Fan failed on brand new 2015 MacBook Pro 13 inch Retina with Force Touch

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wasjab, Jun 11, 2015.

1. wasjab macrumors newbie

wasjab

The fan failed on my brand new 2015 MacBook Pro 13 inch with Retina Display and Force Touch trackpad. It started yesterday with a loud and fast "tick-tick-tick" noise similar to old silent movie era cameras. I immediately took it to the Apple Store. They told me that, while they were examining it in the back room, the fan completely stopped working and would not restart no matter what they did. They are ordering a new fan and have kept the laptop. Anyone else noticing these fan failures on their new laptops?

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I've had mine for about a month and a half now and I don't have any fan issues to report.

3. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

4. joe-h2o macrumors 6502a

It's a mass produced moving part with a bearing - there will be some that fail early in their life.

It's why it's a replaceable part, but it's certainly not evidence that it would be widespread or common.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

This is the first thread I've seen regarding the issue. At the moment I think you can assume it was due to a faulty part and not an overall system design or manufacturing failure.