FAO Those who have converted their Black iPhone 4 to White - Home Button Raised Lip?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mickyfin, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

I recently converted a spare iPhone 4 to white, and noticed that the circumference of the home button hole has a raised lip, and not flat like the black glass is. Even looking closely at the WWDC video of the genuine White iPhone 4, that too has the white raised lip around the home button.

I'm just curious to learn if any of you guys who have had the conversion done, or converted yourself, have any of you managed to source a white glass with no raised lip around the home button?

2. crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

You should take it back to the Apple Store----

Oh wait...

3. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

4. scubamp macrumors newbie

if you don't have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. remember that one kids?

i too converted mine to white and my home button is a bit raised; the small price to pay for individuality i guess.

5. Gavernty macrumors 6502

do you ever contribute to any thread

6. crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

In my defense, I didn't say anything mean.

But honestly OP you bought aftermarket non official parts and you're complianing about how they don't fit properly? Seriously? Even if they were "oem" there was a reason why apple never released the white iPhone. For one, the color didn't match the home button. I'm sure the parts didnt fit all that great either.

Now tell your fan club to back off.

7. Mickyfin thread starter macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

Sorry, you may of misunderstood me, I am trying to find out if anyone else who has carried out the conversion, managed to source a white glass without the raised lip. Thats what I was trying to find out my friend.

8. Mickyfin thread starter macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

Noticed that the front facing camera is also not centralised either. Oh well.

9. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

You gonna keep the IP4 your using Black then Mick?

10. Mickyfin thread starter macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

Yes mate, keeping the black one untouched, but building a spare white one to sell on.:)

11. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

must suck not having OEM parts

really whats the point of this thread

these arent official parts = who knows who made the parts = lack of quality control

12. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

just seen this thread, my white one was flush - identical to the black (i have 2 iphone 4's so could compare).

my front facing camera wasnt centralised either, im awaiting the return of my converted iphone 4 as i got it re-converted back to black! the parts were just not perfect so i could not accept it! (OCD). However im keeping the white backplate as it was literally identical to the black one, plus the flash worked perfectly.

will wait for iphone 5 if im to get a white, and providing apple actually release one.

13. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

The point of this thread is quite clear to see, weather the parts are OEM or not.

I know of someone on Twitter who has converted a few Black IP4's to white Mick, i'll ask where he got his parts from.Not heard him complain about anything different.

14. ascender macrumors 68000

If you could share the info here, that would be much appreciated. I've somehow managed to crack the glass on the back so might convert it to white if I'm going to open it up anyway.

15. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Just asked him, i'll post when i get a reply.

16. Mickyfin thread starter macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

17. .batman macrumors newbie

I'd be interested as well. I have had mixed success between Zeetron, Cell Castle, and BedfordPower. So far I have sent back all white parts I ordered from Cell Castle - inferior quality; LCD's had dead pixels, digitizers didn't pick up touch on certain parts of the screen, back glass looked very cheap and didn't fit well. Zeetron parts were better; everything fits okay and works well, but the front glass has a slight yellowish tint to it. Going to try ordering fron an outfit out of Salt Lake City as soon as (if?) I get a refund from Cell Castle. Definitely would not recommend them. Zeetron seems to be a mixed bag based on the the other posts I've been following - inconsistant quality.
    Will post back if I have a pleasant experience with the return/refund from CC, and reordering from the Salt Lake City site.

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :D