Far-Right Smear Merchants Try to Slime Pete Buttigieg with Bogus Sex Assault Claim

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Long story but interesting that certain members of the MAGA crowd are obviously worried about Mayor Pete.

A pair of right-wing provocateurs are being accused of attempting to recruit young Republican men to level false allegations of sexual assault against Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg.

The details of the operatives’ attempt emerged as one man suddenly surfaced with a vague and uncorroborated allegation that Buttigieg had assaulted him. The claim was retracted hours later on a Facebook page appearing to belong to the man.

A Republican source told The Daily Beast that lobbyist Jack Burkman and internet troll Jacob Wohl approached him last week to try to convince him to falsely accuse Buttigieg, the mayor of South Bend, Indiana, of engaging him sexually while he was too drunk to consent.

The source who spoke to The Daily Beast said Burkman and Wohl made clear that their goal was to kneecap Buttigieg’s momentum in the 2020 presidential race. The man asked to remain anonymous out of a concern that the resulting publicity might imperil his employment, and because he said Wohl and Burkman have a reputation for vindictiveness.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/far-r...e-pete-buttigieg-with-bogus-sex-assault-claim

2. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

Hmmm... sounds eerily 'Mueller' like.

3. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Republicans who do zero to hold their party accountable for sexual assault try to implicate a Democrat because they know they hold their candidates accountable.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

Ah I just posted this - whoops.

Same guy who boot licks Trump on every tweet and tried to take down Mueller with a similar scam. Wohl belongs in prison

p.s. His twitter was suspended. Good.

5. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

:p Well, least you explained my post to anyone who didn't get it.

6. Zenithal, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019

Zenithal macrumors 604

OK clearly I don't follow party politics much but it didn't seem Buttigieg was remotely a threat to the GOP let alone Biden or Sanders. Why now anyway? The obvious answer is Wohl is a dumbass, but I'd like to know why when it doesn't matter at this point. For all we know Booker might surge in the polls and end up as the DNC's choice.

I've watched a few of Buttigieg's interviews and it's the same speech because it's clear he doesn't want to outline any policies his possible administration may have to backtrack on like every other one including the current one. Furthermore, the man is gay. There's going to be a certain chunk of voters on both sides of the aisle, Democrats and Republicans, who will not vote for a non-heterosexual man or woman, and I'm not counting Independents or otherwise since they make up a small number of voters.

Outside of those people, you have Evangelicals who simply won't vote for a gay man either and are still supporters of Trump. I'd estimate that between 38-45% of the country won't vote for a gay man, even if he was the reincarnation of Jesus. While conservatives in general have come to not care about homosexuals or gay marriage, because it's a done issue, there's still some who care.

On the liberal side, there's quite a lot of people who don't like homosexuals or gay marriage. There's varying degrees of liberalism as is there conservatism.

And I'm talking about WASPs. Not ethnic or racial minorities. I'd argue that most people keep their degrading opinions to themselves unless they're stupid enough to publish them online or in some digital format and be linked to those words.

7. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Haha you cannot be serious.

8. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

I'll give you 23 reasons to be serious. If Republicans gave a rats ass about sexual assault they would be screaming for Trump to be locked up instead of defending his every step.

9. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

A little more about this wunderkind, his more recent debacle was trying to out 'smollet', Smollet in Minnesota.

https://splinternews.com/worlds-stupidest-person-tells-on-himself-1833260024

10. Zenithal macrumors 604

I've come across more stupid but more capable people than this child. Good lord did his parents not spank him?

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

12. samcraig macrumors P6

No. This is done extremist acting like an extremist. Or a criminal acting like a criminal. Or a psycho fan acting like a psycho fan.

13. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Or a Trump supporter acting like a Trump supporter.

14. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Democrats don’t hold squat accountable. Case in point: Bill Clinton. As much as I can’t stand Trump he never raped anyone. Bill Clinton did.

15. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Trump’s own wife claimed that he raped her. And Trump confessed, on tape, to sexually assaulting women. Republican voters, with that information in hand, still elected him president. I very much doubt that Bill Clinton could even win the nomination of the Democratic Party today.

16. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

WTF are you even talking about? Clinton never raped anyone. Just wow.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

https://www.vox.com/2016/1/6/10722580/bill-clinton-juanita-broaddrick
    liberals, believe all women
    also liberals, except if they go against democrats.........

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Virginia Lt. Governor Fairfax

19. raqball macrumors 68000

Really? Clinton was a sexual maniac and his wonderful wife attacked and viciously smeared his accusers....

20. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

This is a symptom of what is wrong with the GOP today. End justifies the means (any means, any cost), sell your soul for the win. :oops::(

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

yeah, only the GOP operates that way.......

22. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Sounds similar to the left attempting to slime the Trump campaign with a bogus Russian collusion claim.

23. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Sarcasm noted, but this kind of activity has reached the level of accepted normalcy in the GOP. That’s not true of the Democrats unless thevargumrnt is made promoting another false equivalence argument. There are distinct difference between these two groups.

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

only if you have partisan blinders on..

25. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

You are wrong and should take off your equivalence blinders. Noted when something like this is documented, instead of saying this is bad, you make excuses and an equivalence argument.