Farmville claims US senator

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by CorvusCamenarum, Mar 29, 2010.

1. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

I'm not even sure if this is real, but...

Rest of the story available at HuffPo here.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

3. CorvusCamenarum thread starter macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

I'll admit it does sound a bit far-fetched, but it is HuffPo's actual site, near as I can tell.

I'm not even sure what type of addiction it would fall under. At least he didn't keel over dead like that poor sap in Korea that was going at StarCraft for 2 days straight.

4. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

wiki

you've been had :p

edit; he writes this things regularly for Huffpo

5. Surely Guest

Surely

6. CorvusCamenarum thread starter macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Eh, fair enough. Then again, I avoid HuffPo on a regular basis and until now had no idea who Andy Borowitz is. At least now I can laugh at it. ;)

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Wow, read much? If you look at the site, you will see it's color coded. You were in the comedy section. :rolleyes:

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I would have been able to figure out the joke from the piece itself, but harping on someone because they don't know the layout of HuffPo? Come on. Unless you really take a look around at the things other than the article you'd never know.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yeah, the tag 'comedy news' wasn't a hint either. This is just a huge fail on the part of the OP. He could have Googled the story or the author to see what it was all about.

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Yes, as anyone posting a thread about something should do, he should have looked further. That said, as an avid online news article reader, you tend to complete ignore anything surrounding the article itself. Half the time I don't even know what site I'm on until I'm done with the article. Everything but the text tends to just fade away into the background.

Edit: Do you guys seriously read all the tags of things you read? I never even glance at all the un-needed crap when I read articles.

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I read tags that are in bright red. ;)
    I know little about color coding of HuffPost but I do know the word comedy when I see it. Now farmville, there's something I've manage to stay far far away from.
    Voila_Capture54.jpg

12. Surely Guest

Surely

Same. That's fun how?:confused: