Farrakhan speaks to faithful, warns America

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Wow. Farrakhan now claims to have gone up in a flying saucer.

Calling this weekend's earthquake in Chile a divine precursor to his planned speech, controversial Nation of Islam leader Minister Louis Farrakhan predicted on Sunday that America will face its own imminent disaster and must prepare.

Delivering a message titled "The Time and What Must Be Done," Farrakhan addressed thousands at Chicago's United Center as part of an annual celebration of Saviours' Day, marking the birth of W. Fard Muhammad, who founded the faith 80 years ago.

"It's not an accident that a great earthquake took place in Chile," Farrakhan, 76, said an hour into his three-hour address. "It was a precipitate of what I have to tell you today of what's coming to America. You will not escape."

"I will speak to the kings and rulers of the world. I will speak to the pope and the religious leaders because you have to know that your time has come," he said. "I desire to guide you and warn you of things that are coming that you must try to prepare yourselves for because we are absolutely living in the change of worlds."

Though some of Farrakhan's past remarks have been labeled anti-Semitic and racist, his supporters say he has been misunderstood and misrepresented by the media. In his speech on Sunday, he recounted events in the 1980s where he was barred from hotels and other destinations after declaring support for Libya, implicated at the time in acts of state-sponsored terrorism. On Sunday, he blamed the international cold shoulder on the "reach of the Zionists."

Farrakhan also pointed out that dignitaries in many countries besides the U.S. treat him like royalty. "I can't even get a meeting with a congressperson if a white man's watching," he said to thunderous applause.

The keynote address capped a weekend of workshops focused on self-improvement, community service and how to provide assistance to Haiti.

Citing numerous texts including the Quran, Bible and a book by Scientology's founder L. Ron Hubbard, Farrakhan expressed concern for President Barack Obama's life, called for the return of Jean-Bertrand Aristide, the former Haitian president now in exile, and described a spiritual experience in 1981 in which he ascended into a flying saucer and heard the voice of Elijah Muhammad predicting historical events that did come to pass.

"Some people think I'm a prophet," Farrakhan said. "But I have to say, the word 'prophet' is too cheap a word. Prophets come in the absence of God like moonlight comes in the absence of the sun. I come to fulfill that which you have read from the prophets."
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/02/farrakhan-uses-chile-quake-to-warn-america.html

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Lets face it all these guys including Farrakhan make a living preying on those without enough smarts to figure it out themselves . Religion is a business of selling spin and old primitive fairy tales and this is simply spinning plate tectonics into gods wrath. Then here we go again blaming the white man. These guys just simply suck. Its past time to call religions what they really are and thats Snake Oil Salesman.

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Should we be worried about another Jonestown at this point? Honestly? That kind of talk really makes me nervous.
Would it really be so bad if him and any nutjobs who follow him went off to a jungle and drank some Kool Aid laced with cyanide?

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Lets face it all these guys including Farrakhan make a living preying on those without enough smarts to figure it out themselves . Religion is a business of selling spin and old primitive fairy tales and this is simply spinning plate tectonics into gods wrath. Then here we go again blaming the white man. These guys just simply suck. Its past time to call religions what they really are and thats Snake Oil Salesman.
Well, I don't know about that.

Would it really be so bad if him and any nutjobs who follow him went off to a jungle and drank some Kool Aid laced with cyanide?
Well, yeah. Think of the innocent kids they'd probably take with them.

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
Ironic that he would cite from a book by L. Ron Hubbard. Considering it's well documented that Hubbard was a racist. Of course, why am I even trying to make sense of Farrakhan's actions.

CaptMurdock

Suspended
Jan 2, 2009
The Evildrome Boozerama
Wow... what else can you say? A flying saucer?

I wonder if they probed him...
You have to feel bad for the flying saucer guys....

"Dammit, Yeltar! Why do you keep picking these nutball losers to kidnap and anally-probe?? That Pat Robertson guy was bad enough...then this Farrakhan...OMG, I'm so embarrassed! I'll never be able to show my face around Zeti Reticuli again!!"

:)

Burnsey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Canada
Religion should go back to being a personal spiritual connection between a person and god (if they believe in god and are religious). Organized religion will ALWAYS fall prey to power hungry people who see an opportunity to exploit people's faith for either power, politics or money. This has happened with every single religion and is responsible for some of the modern world's most pressing issues.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Power hungry people stealing $$$ selling myths and tales to those who ...want to believe in the thought of 17 virgins and everlasting life of singing songs to god.....and then we dont even tax these snake oil guys is just simply ridiculous. Tax them all that would shore up todays economy fast. Religion is a Big Business with as many crooks as Congress.

colourfastt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2009
Religion should go back to being a personal spiritual connection between a person and god (if they believe in god and are religious). Organized religion will ALWAYS fall prey to power hungry people who see an opportunity to exploit people's faith for either power, politics or money. This has happened with every single religion and is responsible for some of the modern world's most pressing issues.
Religion is nothing more than emotional masturbation.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
Power hungry people stealing $$$ selling myths and tales to those who ...want to believe in the thought of 17 virgins and everlasting life of singing songs to god.....and then we dont even tax these snake oil guys is just simply ridiculous. Tax them all that would shore up todays economy fast. Religion is a Big Business with as many crooks as Congress.
this i agree with. get away with the "religious" exemption.
still exempt the documented charity aspects of their activities, with the same rules as non-religious charities, but everything else should be treated as a normal business.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
this i agree with. get away with the "religious" exemption.
still exempt the documented charity aspects of their activities, with the same rules as non-religious charities, but everything else should be treated as a normal business.
NO- I do NOT want religion involved in politics. That's why they are exempt in the first place. If they break that rule, we should fine them. But I do NOT, under any circumstances want them taxed so that they can insert themselves into politics. That is scary, and un-American.

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
He, Pat Robertson, and James Dobson should hold a contest to find out which one is the craziest of all.
Add Jim Bunning in there and you have enough for doubles in tennis. ;)

Actually, I shouldn't put Bunning in the same category as those three jerks as Bunning will reside in a deeper level of hell than LF when he kicks the bucket.