Fast & Furious..Doesnt get any better than this..

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Squadleader, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Squadleader macrumors regular

2. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

sadly the entire thing start out with what look like a GOP lead fishing expedition to attack democrats.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Personally, I don't like it.

Likewise I didn't like it when G.W. Bush ... Bill Clinton ... G.H Bush ... and Ronald Reagan did it.

From the L.A. Times ...

5. FX120 macrumors 65816

FX120

It does kind of make me wonder what fell out of the tree. The Obama administration is either incredibly stupid and didn't realize that pulling the EP card is going to look like a coverup, or realized that whatever is in those documents would burn a lot of people that they'd rather not see roast in an election year.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

If Darrell Issa is freaking out, you can bet there's nothing to see.

7. FX120, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012

FX120 macrumors 65816

FX120

Then why would Obama risk sticking his neck out and entangling his administration with all of this?

It certainly isn't going to stop now. Obama basically just admitted that there was something in those documents that the Issa would have creamed his pants over if he had gotten his mitts on them.

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Don't know. But from the article, it doesn't sound like much.

9. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

It sounds like the Obama administration complied with the discovery requests related to Fast and Furious, but the Issa led inquisition has tried to force the administration to disclose far more in an effort to explore the inner workings of the Obama White House.

10. ThisIsNotMe macrumors 68000

And lost in all of this is the assassination of an AMERICAN border agent.
    (and also countless Mexicans)

The President and AG should be doing EVERYTHING in their power to get to the bottom of this. Stonewalling the investigation into the DEATH of an AMERICAN border agent is DISGUSTING.

RIP Brian Terry

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Or maybe Obama is so tired of Republican obstruction and fishing expeditions that he said, **** them.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Drama much?

13. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Problem in this matter is the group of GOP you worship do not care about the dead agent. They dug into this for nothing more than to try to make it a political weapon.

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Bingo. They didn't mention him once.

15. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Interesting point. I'm very suspicious of the Executive privilege claim, especially for this investigation. At some point, the DoJ is going to have to come clean about Fast and Furious and I think Holder should take responsibility for this debacle.

The phrase "RIP Brian Terry" is a shibboleth for partisans who've suddenly decided to care about an otherwise anonymous border agent because they think they've found something to hang around the president's shoulders.

Until the connection to "Fast and Furious" was made, this bunch cared more about their breakfast cereal than CBP officers. Where's the RIP for Michael V. Gallagher or Mark F. Van Doren, two officers who were also died on duty in 2010? Or Hector Clark and Eduardo Rojas Jr., who both died last year?

16. imahawki macrumors 6502a

Uh huh...

17. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Out of curiosity, why did the Issa led GOP inquisition refuse to allow the Democrats on the committee to call former AG Mukasey to testify about the gun-walking that was done during the years before Obama was elected?

Why did they direct witnesses to not answer questions about the gun-walking that occurred in the prior 4-5 years?

Things that make you go, hmmmm. (Arsenio!!!!)

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You have every right to be mad over this, just like you were when Bush pulled this crap over the Pat Tillman death. :rolleyes:

19. imahawki macrumors 6502a

I was mad. Your "roll eyes" is a very poor assumption. Calling Obama to the carpet is NOT a defense of Bush. Bush was a TERRIBLE president. Obama is trying very hard to get into that same category.

20. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Remind me of all the terrible things Obama has done again vs. the good.

List for you of why Obama is not even nearly close to as bad as Bush.

http://www.whathasobamadone.org/

21. imahawki macrumors 6502a

I'm not defending Bush, get that through your thick head. I'm NOT a republican! **** your debate style is maddening. Stop making up positions and assigning them to others and then demanding they defend them!

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I never said you were defending Bush. I asked you a question and gave you a link to information that challenges your opinion.

You said Bush was a terrible president and that Obama was fighting hard to be just as terrible. I simply asked you why you thought that, when evidence points to the contrary.

23. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

I'm sorry to see it has come down to this. Holder has done a lot of good for many people; however, there are questions that have not been answered to the general public, which we have a right to know. Now, the attempt to cover up this information only makes it look worse.

I'm also sad to see this has come down to such a party-divided issue. It almost seems that republicans are out to screw Holder no matter what really happened, and that democrats will protect Holder no matter what really happened.

All I want to know is what actually happened, who gave the orders, who knew about this program when, and who covered it up for so long. And I think we, as the public, have a right to know this.

----------

Absolutely. They don't care about the truth nor about those whom are dead from this idiotic operation anymore than any other politicians claim to. They even waited to make a big deal about this until the election got closer...that says something in itself.

24. imahawki macrumors 6502a

Because he is not living up to many of his key campaign promises, one of which is transparency. You have a different agenda than I do. I can understand why you think he's a wonderful president. I support gay rights but I don't have the same stake in that issue that you do. In the meantime, I think Obama is damaging the economy and I think he's a class baiter.