faster battery drain after 8.0.2?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by goknicks, Oct 9, 2014.

1. goknicks macrumors member

I've noticed since I installed 8.0.2 (2 days ago) that my 6 plus drains my battery faster.

Problem is, I actually have been using the phone a little less than when I got it 6 days ago.

Has anyone else noticed this?

2. myscrnnm macrumors 6502a

myscrnnm

What kind of battery life were you getting before? And what are you getting now? I've held off on updating from 8.0 before Apple comes out with a more stable, less buggy update (hopefully with 8.1).

3. goknicks thread starter macrumors member

after 24 hours I would still be around 50%. Now it was 40% at the 24 hour mark.

I normally don't update right away. Didn't know why I did it.....:-(

4. myscrnnm macrumors 6502a

myscrnnm

Is this with the phone on standby the entire time?

5. goknicks thread starter macrumors member

6. myscrnnm macrumors 6502a

myscrnnm

I wouldn't worry then. A margin of ten percent over 24 hours can be attributed to different usage patterns. My 6 Plus never lasts for more than a day if I don't charge it, and I'm on 8.0. Although I do expect 8.1, or the update following 8.1, to improve battery life, given how rushed 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 were.

7. goknicks thread starter macrumors member

yup. thanks. I was thinking of reverting back to 8.0, but it might make it worse

8. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I actually noticed the battery drain on my 8.0.2 on my 6 Plus as well. When I checked the diagnostic and usage, I had a lot of stacks+backboardd logs (has to do w/ temp readings?). So I actually downgraded to 8.0 sucessfully on my 6 Plus so we'll see how this goes.

9. goknicks thread starter macrumors member