Faster shipping date, Apple or Carrier?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thealvintran, Oct 1, 2013.

1. thealvintran macrumors regular

As the title says, where should I order to get the iPhone 5S sooner, carrier (AT&T) or Apple.com?

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Why not check on their respective website for yourself and see?

3. Exio macrumors regular

You would think apple, but some people have been getting extremely fast shipments with ATT for some damn reason. Apparently ATT is better at supplying products than the producers themselves.

4. Spacial macrumors 6502

I enjoy going to the local Apple Store... But avoid it like the plague when new iPhones are released. Sadly some are so mesmerized they're convinced Apple is better. The crowds prove different.

I use AT&T because they always insure I get the phone before 10am the very first morning that crowds are standing in line for the thrill of standing in line.

I'm at home enjoying a morning off. The phone arrives at 9:50am, I set it up and I'm good to go. Far nicer that joining the Apple Store Madness :)

Six years of leisure delivery to my door
    Thanks AT&T

5. thealvintran thread starter macrumors regular

Because ATT is showing 7-14 days for the space gray model while apple only shows October, so I don't know which is faster.

6. thealvintran thread starter macrumors regular

Any one else? I need help choosing where to buy from.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

If you want gray there is a good chance AT&T will ship it within three days. Often two.

8. dmystic1 macrumors regular

Right now the 32gb silver has no wait in shipping for att, might change soon though. They have also added the ability to check store availability on there website.

9. Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

My friend got got her phone from Bell just yesterday. So Im assuming it all depends on the carrier and location.

10. Natallon macrumors newbie

Like above posters said, it depends on what color you're after too. Waits for Gold are going to much longer than those for grey

11. pshifrin macrumors 6502

pshifrin

Ordered space grey 32gb from att on Tuesday. UPS showing delivery today (Friday)

12. martiansoldier macrumors 6502

If you're planning on buying one of the Gold models, with Apple's 'Ship's in October' time frame, you will be better off.

If you are planning on buying Black or Silver, AT&T would be faster.