Fastest way to get a 64gb 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marm115, Sep 17, 2013.

1. marm115 macrumors newbie

Just got off the phone with a representative at my local Best Buy. Called to ask whether or not they have any idea what kind of inventory they can expect of the 5S for Friday. She said they expect about 30 phones altogether, split between AT&T and Verizon. She expects NONE of them to be the 64gb capacity, and additionally expected that NO retail stores (except maybe Apple) will have 64gb phones on Friday. This assertion seems corroborated by the fact that Target won't offer their pre-order-of-sorts service for 64gb models (at least not in my experience).

I would expect stores to stock more 16 and 32gb models as they are clearly the more historically popular devices, but do we have reason to believe that there will be virtually NO 64gb models in retail stores on Friday? Not sure what experiences with higher capacity models have been like in past years.

I'm just trying to determine what course of action is most likely to get a 5S in my phone quickest. Sounds like it may be ordering online at 3am. No Apple Stores anywhere nearby.

I'm 21 years old and the 5S will be my first smartphone. Currently rocking an LG ENV2 and am beyond ready to be able to access internet, view maps, participate in group text messages, send and receive photos, etc on my phone... It's been a long time coming and I'm going to be moderately frustrated if I have to wait another 3 weeks after Friday :(

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Best buy rarely has the 64GB version at launch or even months after. Fastest way is buying at an Apple store or ordering online.

3. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Stand outside an Apple store, when anyone comes out with a 64GB version offer them $1,500 for it.

You'll get one real quick.

4. marm115 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay cool, good to know. Thanks for the info.

Hmm not sure I'm quite that desperate just yet.

5. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

No 64GBs at Target last year either.
    :(
    Target was my favorite way to get iPhones before that.
    No lines for the pre-sales.
    No lines for the pickup.
    Smooth sailing all the way.

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Fastest way:
    Go to an apple store now and be one of the first ones there.

7. marm115 thread starter macrumors newbie

Not an option for me as I have a test on Friday at 9am, but you did answer the question as I posed it. Maybe I should have said the most EXPEDIENT way to get one as soon as possible..