Father of Terrorist at Hillary Campaign Rally

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Plutonius, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Plutonius, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016

Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

This campaign season is rapidly entering the twilight zone for both candidates. Who would have thought that Hillary would have the father of the Orlando shooter sit behind her during a campaign rally.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Based on your link, unless I missed it, I see no mention of Hillary inviting anyone. So why the disengenious thread title?

4. A.Goldberg, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016

A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

The article actually specifically states...

TL;DR- Clinton did not invite, nor was aware of the father's presence.

He didn't kill dozens of people, his son did. His son wasn't part of ISIS, despite his claims. He was an untreated psychologically conflicted homosexual who couldn't reconcile his existence as a homosexual.

He's a free man and allowed to go wherever he wants. Would you expect him as a Muslim to show up at a Trump rally?

Yet another false comparison thread (with a misleading title). Terrorist's father must be a terrorist too, and so must Clinton if he's at her rally.

5. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Weird. If he had attended a Trump event there would be multiple threads about him supporting Trump.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

Further - last time I checked, people are individuals. It certainly doesn't sound like the father shares the views his son had. It also doesn't sound remotely that he was invited. It sounds like he wanted to be there - so he attended.

Clearly click bait because you know better... especially if you read the headline (at the very least) or the article "
    Orlando shooter's father attends Hillary Clinton rally in Kissimmee"
    --- Post Merged, Aug 9, 2016 ---
    As much as I dislike Trump - I would have added the same content. He is not his son.

7. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Not a Trump fan either, and I highly doubt you would.

8. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

I changed the title.

9. samiwas Suspended

Another thread destined for the Wasteland.

What difference does it make who he supports? The OP made it sound as if Clinton was supporting him.

10. samcraig macrumors P6

I guess I should have qualified my statement. It's likely I would have just read the thread and not commented either way. IF I was going to comment - that would be my comment.

11. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Invited or not, "sins of the son" doesn't make sense. Parents and children don't always toe the line on every minuscule belief. Unless there's a huge reason that seems in bad taste for him to be there...

12. samiwas Suspended

Indeed. My parents don't support gays in any way, are fairly racist, think girls who dress wrong "earn" their rapes, and all sorts of other southern beliefs. I don't align with any of it.

13. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

@Plutonius, I do not understand why you, a poster I have respected in the past, seem to have become possessed of a compulsion to post witless drivel.

This is the third fatuous - and deliberately fatuous thread on HRC - you have started in as many days.

Why not seek to start a thread opposing what she stands for on political or policy grounds?

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

15. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I think human nature is involved when basically the associated family is blamed for the outrageous acts of one of its members. I can't imagine being put into the being condemned by association position, but think it would be terrible. Yes, there are times when a family could rightfully be blamed, but it takes more than speculation.

Because of Mr. Trump's retoric, I see no Muslims wanting to attend a Trump Ralley. They would probably fear for their lives.

16. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Fair point, but where are the threads by the PRSI reg'lars concerning Hillary Clinton's political and policy grounds? Last I checked the front page is a Tourettes-laden tribute to Donald Trump gaffs.

This election will end with her becoming president, and the next four years will entail little more than a bunch of liberals defending every single decision she makes with at-least-she's-not-Trump.

Continues the wars? At least she's not Trump.

Ensnarled in more scandal? At least she's not Trump.

Flip flops on social issues? At least she's not Trump.

Vote At Least She's Not Trump, 2016!

17. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

False equivalence and far fetched. Liberals would know better because even if it was a calculated tactic, what would that achieve? Nada.

18. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

When you are running for president, all facets of an individual are important (political, policy, and personal).

19. samcraig macrumors P6

I imagine the other "side" will say:

Continues the wars? Wouldn't have happened with Trump

Ensnarled in more scandal? Wouldn't have happened with Trump

Flip flops on social issues? Wouldn't have happened with Trump

20. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Here's a screen shot from 8:12 am PST. Pink are anti-Hillary. Blue are anti-Trump. (quibbles welcome.)

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 8.12.44 AM.jpg

(but it seems to me as if you're seeing what you want to see ... and overlooking the rest.)

21. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

As other people have mentioned Clinton did not invite him. Also the man is not a terrorist(even if his son became one because he couldn't accept his own homosexuality), and despite what Trump thinks there is no reason to go after the families of terrorists.

22. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

As in he should crawl into a hole and stay there? There were probably gays at that rally too which might reveal the inclusiveness of the Democratic Party. I guess from a political perspective, it boils down to labeling the father for the actions of the son, and calling him a terrorist to score some political points against Hillary, as in Hillary loves terrorists. We both agree that's preposterous, right?

23. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Neat trick.

Where are the threads concerning Hillary's political and policy positions?

That was the gauntlet thrown down by Scepticalscribe.

24. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

You of all people... lol

25. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

A good point. All the posters are posting negative threads about the candidates. I'm somewhat in agreement with @Scepticalscribe and maybe she can convince posters to only start positive threads on the candidates.