Fault in the design of the MagSafe 2 or am I just unlucky?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macfreak101, Nov 7, 2014.

1. macfreak101, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014

macfreak101 macrumors regular

Hey guys
    So I have been experiencing this kind of issues on my new magsafe 2 adapter. The wire from within has been bulging out as though something inside has been bent its so weird and I'm scared that something is wrong but is this normal? I went to the apple service center which actually wasn't helpful they told me that as long as the charger is working they really won't do anything and they said it was caused because of my actions but truth being told I have barely used the charger. Here are some similar pictures what do you guys think?

Please let me know? Shall I live with it or fight with the service center?

Attached Files:

• m2c.jpg
      m2c.jpg
      File size:
      98.3 KB
      Views:
    • m2a.jpg
      m2a.jpg
      File size:
      152 KB
      Views:
  2. chrise2 macrumors 6502

Looks like what might happen if you twisted the cable maybe while wrapping it up. If it was like that when you got it, then maybe just some weird manufacturing defect.

3. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Fishrrman

Looks to me like the cord got kinked from wrapping it around "the holder".

I'd just "coil it loosely" from now on (say, in a 10-12" "circle"), instead of trying to wrap it tightly around the base...

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

I second both

The other 2 replies pretty much sum up what has happened you have twisted it slightly as you wrapped it very tightly aeound the holder.

5. macfreak101 thread starter macrumors regular

I guess so but I have always taken precautions I leave a gap before wrapping the wire in the wings. Could you post a picture as to how I should wrap my wire? And now what shall I do? Will this be a problem and reduce the lifespan of the cable? And can I claim it underwarranty?