Faux News Digest

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Huntn, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Faux News is Teh Serious®. No jokes allowed.

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

What ?? The whole concept of Faux News is a joke.

4. bassfingers macrumors 6502

bassfingers

5. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

I'm still left in bewilderment at how they keep claiming they're "Fair and balanced," and no one has yet sued them or anything for their outrageous lies/outright propaganda.

6. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I remember seeing an interview with a young man who's father was killed on 9/11. He was in one of the towers. The son (who was against the USA's war in Iraq) went on Billo's show and wanted to sue after since Bill kept saying things your dad would be so ashamed of you and his dad would want the war. Senator Franken (might have been before he was elected) agreed with the kid in principal and was helping him out but his lawyer said that since the people on fox news lie all the time, you can't sue them because you know their agenda. Or some crazy crap like that. Maybe I'll google it later and get you some links for the whole story but I got to run right now...

7. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Ever wonder why they listen to Fox? Entertainment that is priceless.

Fox Friends Thinks Frozen Is Bad for Men

8. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    It's true! I'm a man, and I'm picking my nose right this second!

...hold on. Got a good one. Gimme a sec.

9. kds1 Suspended

kds1

Faux News isn't a real news channel. It's an entertainment channel that targets a very specific demographic, and they know what they are doing. The channel doesn't exist as legitimate jounalism. It exists to make money, masquerading as a serious news channel (barely). Calling it "Faux News" is more accurate than you think.

----------

LOLOLOLOL what the **** is that?

10. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Lol I don't know. I guess it seemed appropriate at the time for another faux news thread. This thread is 4 years old.

11. Huntn, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015

Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

I forgot about and neglected it, but then I remembered it. Love that McCain animation although it does seem creepy. :):)

12. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Yes, perhaps Brian Williams should apply for a job there.

13. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Did Alec fly into a rage, insult gays, smash some furniture, and then punch himself in the face?

14. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

2015- There is a reason I call Fox News, Pravda West...

From Pundit Fact: Fox's File of statements made by Fox News pundits. 78% of the statements made there qualify somewhere between half truth and out right falsehood and we have a substantial portion of our populace because it registers with their prejudices and is accepted as fact. See the link for more.

15. Speedman100 macrumors 6502

Speedman100

Fox News gets much higher ratings and many more viewers than any other news channel.

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

And Spongebob draws twice as many viewers each night. Should I be getting my news from them since they're more popular than Fox? Seriously, WTF do ratings have to do with credibility? And for all the talk of higher ratings, they draw a couple of million a night.

17. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Source?

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Any person over 9 residing in the US who does not live inside a bubble.

19. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Uh, no. Not even close.

The three big broadcast networks: ABC; NBC, and CBS weeknight news broadcasts get many times Fox' evening viewership. ABC and NBC average at least 8 million viewers; and CBC averages about 6 million. Even PBS Newshour averages more viewers than Fox News' primetime opinion fare.

Fox might get higher ratings than the other cable news channels, but that like me saying I have the fastest car in the world (that is parked in my driveway.)

Lastly, its important to recognize that most of what is aired on Fox during the evening hours isn't really "news." Its almost completely opinion pieces: Fox News hosts bloviating, and alternately shouting at/kissing up to various guests.

Fox News doesn't do investigative journalism. It just yells the nonsense its viewers want to hear.

20. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Fox News Host on Social Security: Stop Giving Money To People Just Because They Are Old- August 2015.

No, Fox has no agenda... :p

21. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

All news networks have their opinion shows, but at least Fox will give liberals camera time in the prime time slots (even if these libs make themselves out to be complete idiots).

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

this is the U.S.
    we don't get "news", we get advocacy from every channel that is in the U.S.
    nothing but propaganda to make you "feel" one way or another.
    when Bush was in power, most outlets played war coverage nearly 24/7, Cindy Sheenan was relevant, the Patriot act was an outrage blah blah blah. after Obama came to be? nope, hell the OWS movement was crapped on by the major outlets the minute they got some traction.

Americans are like mushrooms, fed nothing but fecal matter & kept in the dark.

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

While I'm not a CNN or MSNBC watcher, to say they don't give conservatives air time is wrong.

As for FOX, does no one have a problem with their CEO calling Trump to make things good between them?

24. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Oppositely, so does MSNBC, give conservatives camera time. I don't see a valid point if your statement is a testiment for Fox neutrality.