Fav Powerbook Feature?

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
Another vote for the scrolling trackpad. Whilst waiting for my new PB to arrive I was using an iBook, and the amount of times I went to scroll and couldn't.... just made me appreciate the simplist of features even more!

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
If we're talking exclusively about PowerBooks then it has to be portability and design, all with very little compromise in they way of performance. Of course all this would be worthless without OSX and all the other software I use, my PB just ensures that it's a joy when doing so!

wdschrank

macrumors member
May 19, 2005
scrolling trackpad. for me it completely eliminates the wanting of an external mouse. but i do also like how easy it is to pick up and switch to new wifi signals in the area.

macrumors 68020
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
Well I have an ibook but I love the instant ariport connections and that you dont need to spend hours on settings, anyone in the windows world or used to be in the windows world can tell you that changing from a network to another with a wintel laptop takes a lot on changing settings.

ericssonboi

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2005
The OS
The Scrolling Trackpad
The Backlit keyboard
The Keyboard keys ... they feel so crisp
The Sleep function (instant sleep/wake) ..

Vanilla

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2002
Atlanta, GA
The removal of the constant low level stress that your machine was going to bomb out on you at any moment. The removal of this stress and the focus instead on simply utilising a tool to fulfill my creative needs is one of the greatest liberating feelings I have experienced since switching to Apple and Mac OSX.

With regards to the PowerBook specifically, the instant on capability, backlit keyboard and sheer style win it for me.
Vanilla

javiercr

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
London
the_insider said:
Post what you love about your powerbook. Hardware/software?
love: MacOSX, design, sleep function, it can boot from firewire drive, it can become a firewire drive, slot loading DVD-R
hate: it scratches, wifi range is not too good for the Al powerbook (12")

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
the fact the powerbooks looks smaller than they really are (aka. comparing Toshiba Quisimos -whatever they're called- with a 17" Powerbook.)
the beautiful battery life

gotta say the trackpad scrolling wins it for me.

infact i REALLY commend Apple's trackpads full stop. ive found myself just using that quite contently. mouse sitting there unused.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
javiercr said:
love: MacOSX, design, sleep function, it can boot from firewire drive, it can become a firewire drive, slot loading DVD-R
hate: it scratches, wifi range is not too good for the Al powerbook (12")
ive got mixed feelings about the 12" wifi reception. on one hand it can get a good 60-70% signal in my bedroom, but it sometimes cuts off. about once a day. but i can happily go into the garden, even at the top (you should know my gardens layout really to understand) and i still get 25% signal. my XP laptop gets about the same too, and thats plastic.
mixed bag with me. yup.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
mad jew said:
Me too!

But it's only on an iBook so it doesn't really count. I miss out on the ripples. :(
I'd love to turn that "feature" off. So damn annoying.