Favorite Piece of Musical Gear?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 63dot, Dec 3, 2008.

?

Favorite Piece of Musical Gear?

1. Piano/keyboard/synthesizer/organ

15 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. Acoustic guitar/electric guitar/slide guitar

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Your voice

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  4. Stand up bass/electric bass

7 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. Trumpet

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  6. Saxophone/clarinet

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  7. Trombone

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Violin/Viola/Cello

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  9. Drums/congos/percussion

12 vote(s)
    21.4%
  10. Other

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

2. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

The Fretless Electric Bass. There is no instrument more beautiful or pleasant to the ears when played right :D

3. Bfat567 macrumors 6502

Bfat567

Ibanez K7 body and u-bar trem system painted black,with the wizard neck and inverted headstock from the mtm1.

4. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

Is that a 7 string electric guitar, a 6 string, or does it come in both? It gets confusing because when Steve Vai's Ibanez Jem 777 came out, it was a 6 string electric. The 777 is a numerical equivalent of infinity, eternal, God, etc.

I so thought the Jackson/Charvel superstrats were the ultimate hard rock guitar, and when the Jem came out, it just floored the guitar community. It was like the first time I saw an iMac in 1998 or 1999 for the first time. The look and function just blew my mind.

Obviously, I voted for guitar on this poll, but I also voted for voice.

Sarah Brightman, Placido Domingo, Luciano Pavarotti, Andre Bocelli, Elvis, therefore I also voted voice.

5. Bfat567 macrumors 6502

Bfat567

K7 was the sig. model of korns guitarists head and munky,just before head left and yes it was a 7 string. And the mtm1 that i want the headstock from is slipknots mick thompsons sig. model.

K7
    [​IMG]

MTM1
    [​IMG]

6. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

Those are incredibly beautiful. Ibanez really makes a mean machine. Right now the Ibanez I have is an Artcore jazz guitar, AS-73, semi-hollowbody, dual humbucker.

7. Bfat567 macrumors 6502

Bfat567

Your a lucky man ive wanted an ibanez for quite some time but its just not in the budget right now.:eek:

8. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

Two good things about Ibanez, for a metal guitar is that they are affordable on the low end and the low end, like my Artcore jazzer, is still a pretty decent guitar. Other good metal guitars are the Schechters and ESP/LTDs as they start low and with decent quality for the money.

The second good thing about Ibanez, or any maker, is that when you buy your guitar, you won't have to replace it in 3 or 4 years like a Mac. Less time for a PC. It's a good thing guitars don't get outdated that fast. The only time I was outdated was when I had a strat copy in the 70s with a standard non-locking trem and suddenly Kramer and Charvel came out a few years later with guitars with a locking bridge/nut/fine tuners and then I found myself truly outdated. :)

9. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Guitar for me all the way. Having seen Barry Gibb play his guitar and Lindsay buckingham from fleetwood mac play his guitar WOW really awesome.

10. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I'd have to say my guitars as well. My main one is a blue Ibanez RG560, 24fret, maple fretboard, reverse headstock.

My Trophy, is the 50th Anniversary Gold Fender Stratocaster.

I'm hoping to find a Squier Strat so I can try scalloping frets 12 - 22 (think Yngwie Malmsteen) to see if I like it.

Ultimately, I'd love an Ibanez Herman Li EGEN18, the Jackson Phil Collen Signature Series, or anything from George Lynch (Mr. Scary).

Outside of that, I'm very lucky to still have the first instrument I ever learned still with me: my bassoon. Without that, I'd never have learned (tenor) saxophone, clarinet, or have given any other instrument (outside of guitar) a thought.

BL.

11. spoon man macrumors 6502a

spoon man

I cant get of enought of my Drums Mapex all the way :D

12. spector macrumors newbie

i can never get enough of my american made spector bass..... hence my name here:D:D:D:D

13. twombles62 macrumors member

My Toneking tenor sax. It's a beast and has massive character.

I love listening to a great bass player though.

14. rsd macrumors member

rsd

Propellerhead Reason v4 (with ReCycle) and an M-Audio Axiom 49

15. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

I'm a bassist myself, so I'm biased. I love the sound of a rich, warm electric bass through a really big amp and a wall of speakers. And when bassists get it right, they really bring the sound of the band up.

Two of my mates are drummers, one with a 7-piece Pearl drum kit, and he knows how to play it. A good, relaxed drummer is amazing to listen to.

16. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

Woohoo! Guitar's way out in the lead! :cool:

I love my guitar - I think I posted it in the Guitar Pics thread. I'll sit down before going to bed and think" I can play for a half-hour and go to sleep." and before I know it two hours have gone by..

17. rsd macrumors member

rsd

The world of electrical music seams to be missing of the list :( ....

Musical gear surly doesn't have to be an instrument :)

18. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

I was going to put a category of amplifiers here. I love my Marshall. :)

19. BlackSnow macrumors regular

BlackSnow

Clarinet and Electric Bass. Clarinet because I have played one for a while and I like the sound, I'm a bit biased though. And Electric Bass because they sound better than anything I've ever heard, in the right hands.

20. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

I have a friend who bought an Ibanez Iceman in the early '80s for over $700+ dollars with case and a Kramer Baretta, EVH, for $599 at Guitar Center.

He mentioned an Epiphone Explorer, 1958 reissue, Korina mahogany, at just $599 dollars. Is that a great deal, or just OK?

21. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

22. aethelbert macrumors 601

It's a toss up between cello and pipe organ. I forgot to check the keyboard box when I voted, though. doh! I just upgraded my cello, to something professional-grade. And of course, I don't actually own a pipe organ; they're a bit too large so I just cope with playing for a church for money.

23. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

Drums, such a fun instrument. Unfortunately when stuff breaks it gets expensive.

24. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

Sasha, my all-Maple Cort MR-727F. She's beautiful. The entire thing being maple (flame maple top and back), she's got a brilliance and clarity that needs to be heard to be believed.

An unflattering photo from my iPhone:

[​IMG]

Although I do also have a marine green Yamaha Stage Custom sitting somewhere in a family friend's storage room back in my hometown. I miss her dearly. I can't imagine how out of tune she must be after all these years. Hopefully one day we will be reunited. She looks something like this:

[​IMG]

25. iObama macrumors 6502

iObama

My acoustic guitar. Even though I play the drums as a main instrument, I couldn't live without my guitar.