Favorite Way to Exercise

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
My favorite way to exercise is to walk from my computer to the refrigerator and back - many times a day. :D

scem0

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
Wushu

I'll be off soon to another two hour training, the part i like most is relaxing and taking a shower afterwards though ;)

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
combo of running/weightlifting. Usually I do a 10 minute mile on the treadmill, lift, maybe do another 5 to cool down.
On off-lifting days I run 2-3 miles, or use the exercise bikes.

Nanda Devi

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2004
East Lansing, Michigan
Nothing like a good backpacking trip in the mountains to whip you into shape. Carrying a heavy load on your back at 10,000 feet is a darn good workout, and you have a green light to eat whatever you want because you're burning a ton of calories.

But I only get to do that a couple times a year (the mountains are a long ways away from Michigan), so in the meantime I do a lot of running, with the aid of my trusty green mini of course. :)

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
I think the best exercise is watching 24.

It gets my heart beating way faster than when I run or do anything else :p

seriosely!

Singing Storm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
here
18thTomorrow said:
Ice skating for me.
That's pretty cool. I know someone that's also a figure ice skater, it's cool to know others out there :)

Whenever I try to ice skate I fall flat on my butt when I just step unto the ice rink.

Erendiox

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2004
Brooklyn NY
Running and rowing. Crew is one of the best experiences i've ever had. :cool:

If you've ever seen that sticker that says "CREW: we do more before 8am than most people do all day" we're really NOT kidding at all ;)

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
crunches, freeweight extensions, and swimming. one of these days i'll go into the scary machine rooms at my gym and actually get on one...

and if i can ever get over my paralyzing fear of being seen in public in spandex, i fully intend to begin tai-chi or maybe yoga...