Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
I had this set up and working in iOS 6 beta 1; went back to 5.1.1, now i'm back on beta 3 and I've set up as new phone. I have everything turned on (in FB settings/integration) minus the contacts, as I use "Smart Sync Facebook sync" to sync my contacts to display full screen for calls.

What I can't understand is why my calendar isn't displaying my friends birthdays. Under the "Calendars" tab within the Calendar app, I have Facebook events checked. Are "Calendar" and "Contacts" dependent upon each other to make Facebook events sync in the Calendar app? I have tried turning both on to test and it still didn't sync to my Calendar?

Is anyone familiar with this that can help me set up Facebook events?

Edit: I am wondering if i'd need to enable "contacts" and "calendar" and then hit "update contacts". I haven't done that yet on iOS 6 beta 3, because it would wipe all existing pics I have set up for my contacts under "Smart Sync". Just a thought...

Last edited:

pmurray633

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2012
I had this set up and working in iOS 6 beta 1; went back to 5.1.1, now i'm back on beta 3 and I've set up as new phone. I have everything turned on (in FB settings/integration) minus the contacts, as I use "Smart Sync Facebook sync" to sync my contacts to display full screen for calls.

What I can't understand is why my calendar isn't displaying my friends birthdays. Under the "Calendars" tab within the Calendar app, I have Facebook events checked. Are "Calendar" and "Contacts" dependent upon each other to make Facebook events sync in the Calendar app? I have tried turning both on to test and it still didn't sync to my Calendar?

Is anyone familiar with this that can help me set up Facebook events?

Edit: I am wondering if i'd need to enable "contacts" and "calendar" and then hit "update contacts". I haven't done that yet on iOS 6 beta 3, because it would wipe all existing pics I have set up for my contacts under "Smart Sync". Just a thought...

If you enable contacts, it will go through your contacts, add their fb link, and their picture, and enabling calendar will do the same, but add the calendar stuff.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
If you enable contacts, it will go through your contacts, add their fb link, and their picture, and enabling calendar will do the same, but add the calendar stuff.

That's my problem though... I have calendar enabled. I also have facebook events checked under the calendars tab in the calendar app. Nothing shows up though. I may just chalk it up as a loss and continue lol I haven't seen anyone else complain about this.. I have seen MANY threads on trying to GET RID OF birthdays, but not ADD :eek:

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
Solved

Apparently for your Calendar to be filled with your friends' birthdays you need to check the "contacts" under the Facebook menu in Settings. I could have sworn I tried this combo, but I did not. Got it working, though! :cool:

pmurray633

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2012
Apparently for your Calendar to be filled with your friends' birthdays you need to check the "contacts" under the Facebook menu in Settings. I could have sworn I tried this combo, but I did not. Got it working, though! :cool:

glad it is working, I hope they release this crap soon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.