FBI agent dismissed from Mueller probe changed Comey's description of Clinton to extremely careless

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jdillings, Dec 4, 2017.

1. jdillings macrumors 68000

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/04/politics/peter-strzok-james-comey/index.html

2. 0007776 Suspended

So now that it is an example of someone at the FBI doing something questionable CNN is no longer fake news?

3. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

There’s plenty of sources reporting this.

4. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

I’m reading the House is considering a resolution of contempt against the FBI for stonewalling. I’m interested to see where this goes.

Will the FBI fess up the text messages purportedly made from Strzok to his mistress?

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Congress should press the contempt charges and get all of this info out of the FBI before bleachbit accidentally gets used.

Anyone besides Hillary would be in prison right now.

6. Zenithal macrumors G3

Nunes, right? He can't do jack. He can make a formal contempt complaint that goes to the US Attorney's office and that will go straight to the trash.

7. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Curious, you saying that knowing what?

8. Zenithal macrumors G3

Special Counsels don't answer to anyone but the Attorney General. Because Sessions recused himself, it's up to Rosenstein to deal with.

9. 0007776 Suspended

You completely missed the point there.

10. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

11. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Um, I doubt it will be actually drafted, but the contempt resolution is apparently directed at Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray. Mmmmk?

12. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

I don’t think so. I directly addressed and undercut it. Some might even say I neutered it.

13. Zenithal macrumors G3

As Mueller is heading said probe...

14. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

In light of my reply do you have any more to add to your comment below?

15. Zenithal macrumors G3

Nope. CNN was and still is often lambasted by some on here and most Trump supporters as FAKE news. When CNN reported this, those same people were fine with the article.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 4, 2017 ---
    Yes, it'll go straight into the trash. The only way to kill the probe is to fire Mueller and disband the other prosecutors.

16. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Wrong my friend. I’ve not read the CNN report. I’ve read the Salt Lake Tribune. This development is widely reported. Using that CNN defense doesn’t explain yourself.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/12/...mpt-action-against-fbi-department-of-justice/

17. Zenithal macrumors G3

The original link in the original post refers to CNN. I don't know what you read because you actively chose to sit on your source until now in some strange quarrel. REGARDLESS, the complaint/contempt will be ignored. HIC does not get to decide what Special Counsel will do or whether they will be disbanded. ROSENSTEIN gets to decide that, and chances are, he will ignore the contempt.

18. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gross_negligence
    Gross negligence
    is the "lack of slight diligence or care" or "a conscious, voluntary act or omission in reckless disregard of a legal duty and of the consequences to another party. ... Negligence is the opposite of diligence, or being careful.

"Extremely careless" doesn't even have a Wikipedia entry, nor a specific entry on dictionary websites.

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The deep state is the intelligence agencies. This is just old fashioned incompetence IMO.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 4, 2017 ---
    Gross negligence is sackable.

20. Zenithal macrumors G3

21. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Which is why it was changed. Man, where's @jkcerda ? He would love this news.

22. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

This story is widely reported on. The op used a CNN story as his/her source. The story is not a CNN exclusive.

23. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

no CNN will always be king of Fake News ... ABC is trying hard though.

CNN hates reporting on this stuff and waters it down as best as possible ... if you research the story though, you will learn a lot more.

Hillary probably thought she could actually trust this nut job Peter Strzok

24. Zenithal macrumors G3