FBI agent Peter Strzok supported re-opening Clinton email probe

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

There is no doubt that Comey memo tipped the election to Trump. How can the Fox News crowd still claim Strzok was part of the deep state to take Trump down?

2. Zenithal macrumors G3

Watch some people now proclaiming he's a real patriot. JFC.

3. samcraig macrumors P6

Commented on another thread about this. Clearly it has to be fake news. We all know he was corrupt and trying to cause Trump's failure single-handedly; and was a member of the secret cabal.

4. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

It's time for Fox News to break into another car chase video.

5. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

That does not nessicarily exonerate him of his role. If I remember correctly they reopened it because of email found on Weiners laptop, that later Comey said contained no classified materials. But in fact did contain classified material.

6. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Trumpers won't be able to handle the contradiction. How can this guy hate Hillary and Trump? It feels like they're about to divide by zero and lose their minds.

7. Zenithal macrumors G3

He was a Sanders spy all along! That sneaky old guy!

8. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

What was Strzok’s “rank” at the FBI? It seems like he’s involved in a lot of high level stuff.

9. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Here's his wiki entry

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Strzok

His job titles would indicate he's pretty high up on the food chain

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The *******s at the WSJ:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/inside...ges-1517589380?mod=searchresults&page=1&pos=1

11. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

Cant believe Prince would have been 60...

In his honor tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999.

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Iirc Strzok tried sitting on the evidence for nearly a month while focusing on Russiagate. This was the reason Comey came out towards the end of the campaign to reopen because he thought it would delegitimize Clinton's win. He didn't realize due to biased polling that it would turn the tide of the election.

13. juanm macrumors 68000

juanm

Anytime there's something they can't explain with their usual deep state conspiracies or with the good ol' "WITCH HUNT!" they resort to calling it a false flag, and proceed to drown their interlocutor with unrelated youtube videos or links.

14. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Ehh, I just look to someone who wrote that he would not let Trump become president.

15. Zenithal macrumors G3

Interesting to see WSJ not join the bandwagon on confirming vague misconceptions about the report. WSJ is also owned by Murdoch. Taking this into consideration as well as Fox's recent centrist fleeting over the past sixteen weeks leads me to believe Murdoch is getting tired of his friend. Or Murdoch's older son, who is conservative, is exerting pressure alongside the younger son who's more liberal.

16. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

Looks to me like they are trying to do what they do when conducting an internal review. Dot the i's and cross the t's. Why should we conclude anything else prematurely?

I resent that Trump has from the get-go made every effort to denigrate the two premier agencies, FBI and CIA of our intel and law enforcement agencies. In their entirety. And I resent that people seem so willing to throw agency employees under the bus to underwrite an agenda. These guys work hard, play hard, mess up, try to make it right, they are just like anyone in any competitive job.

But we demand more, and because we are so polarized now, we even demand the impossible: their screw-ups must always detract from the scoreboard of the side we're not on. "We" have to win and they better have found out whatever makes that the case. But "we" are polarized and we want different things and their mission is just to seek facts, in which none of us has any interest whatsoever if they don't improve "our" score.

So while half of us may figure we're winners after some FBI findings are announced, the rest of us figure the FBI is a load of crooks. Either "we knew it all along!" or "They're biased". And from both sides of the fence at once sometimes. Nothing like a morale boost to make a good LEO team work harder... the FBI itself never gets a win.

17. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Peter Strzok is an embarrassment to his fellow FBI employees and I’m sure many of them feel that way. He brought this on himself.

18. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

That doesn't mean protocol for an internal investigation s/b omitted, altered, cut short, etc. That would suggest reactivity to revelations that have reached the public. Let it proceed as it's supposed to do in any case. After all they don't want to be brought up on charges later that he was singled out for a railroad job just because details of his case became public?

I bet there have been some other interesting cases reviewed internally by the FBI. It's a big organization and figuring random distribution of rogues... you think Strzok the first ever texted stuff he shouldn't have done, kidded around with colleagues on company time, had an affair with a colleague, expressed political views, disappointments, etc?

Why is the FBI any different to a Fortune 50 company or for that matter branch #37 of a supermarket chain? Why is Strzok different to an employee whose peccadilloes never made Page One? How different does one dare be when investigating the head buyer of the produce department versus the more senior of the two janitorial day staff?

There are always protocols for dealing with inappropriate behavior of employees. Let them play out, is the safest approach from the standpoint of management. We live in litigious times.

19. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Your defense of him is whataboutism?? I expected more.
    The difference between an FBI employee who happens to be very highly placed in a couple of the biggest investigations in the agency’s history and the guy bagging groceries at your local supermarket is that when one of them says that he will stop someone from becoming president he just might actually have that kind of power.

20. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

I'm speaking of the appropriate tack to take when investigating any employee in a given outfit. You don't shortcut it just because of the level of the employee or the level of publicity that has accompanied or preceded his case. You dot the i's and cross the t's. You know... give the guy a fair hearing before you hang him... out to dry.

21. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I’m sure he’ll be afforded the appropriate process.

22. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

So you have no problem that one kind of illeagl activity is OK so as long it is done by your supported party member!