FBI agent steps into Coulter voting case

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, May 11, 2007.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

palm beach post

in another stunning example of IOKIRDI, one on hand we have a clear case of voter fraud being cleared by FBI strongarming, and on the other we've got 8 or 9 US attorneys fired for not prosecuting dodgy or made up dem voter fraud cases.

shall i simply wait for the chorus of "clinton!", "carter!", and "tip o'neill!"?

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Chorus? What chorus? Since when do swarmlord and obeygiant make up a chorus? ;)

3. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

obligatory care post.

4. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

The key thing is that Ann Coulter was cleared of the charges. The rest of it is considered hearsay. Vouch? Yeah, sounds like something that would make the D.A. run and hide if there was evidence of a case.

5. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

i strongly disagree. the key thing is the FBI interference. if you don't agree with that, then your view of How Things Work is even more slanted than i'd thought.

6. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

the fact that the FBI agent in question is now "mum" about his call certainly suggests that something inappropriate happened

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ah yes, and the key thing is that Clinton was cleared of the charges. The rest is just hearsay, eh? Funny you don't hear corporatists making that statement often...

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Correct me if I'm wrong, but... wasn't she actually guilty of the crime? :confused: And worse, when given the opportunity to simply claim it was a mistake and get it fixed, she just refused to respond. Plus, the tax fraud. Yet she still refuses to say anything, instead hiding behind a lawyer and now a gov agent.

I mean, she committed voter fraud. She was caught. Did anybody think this would all just go away, amidst the investigations going on into this exact type of thing with the USAs and no one would notice? Even if she is innocent (which she isn't) this is just going to provide fodder for "ProsecutorGate" (God, I hate calling it that) case. This is absolutely the worst possible way to go about this. What we're they thinking?

And yet there are still some here who will defend her, despite (once again) the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, while claiming that we are the partisan hacks, not them. :rolleyes:

Edit: Apparently, the gman who stepped in might have been a former boyfriend, and the "stalker" excuse was made up.

http://www.bradblog.com/?p=4538

9. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Why would Coulter falsify her Palm Beach County voter's registration and vote illegally? Did she try to vote twice or something?

10. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I didn't see where anyone proved FBI interference. That's why I mentioned the use of the word vouch.

11. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Just the thought of being that witch's boyfriend is enough to send me to 'Frisco (meaning no offense that fine city and people there).

12. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

did you read the story? the FBI is starting an internal investigation.

13. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Good. I'll be interested if and when they find something.

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Read up more on the story. There's something in there about tax fraud, and the person running the polls where she voted. Doesn't really make a lot of sense though. She could have made the whole thing go away a long time ago by just filing out an address correction, maybe paying a small fee, but probably not even that. But she didn't, instead jerking the investigators around via her lawyer, refusing to even answer any questions.

We don't know why, but for whatever reason she did, acted strangely when she got caught, then had her ex make it all go away.

Do you even need to ask?

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

And I can't wait to see your excuses when they do.

16. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Not that I give a crap if Coulter lives or dies but this story seems to have a just a teeny weeny bit of a 'witch hunt' aspect in it.

17. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Every witch hunt benefits from featuring an actual witch.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Uh- I'd say we found the witch already.

19. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

They already did find something, so you're seeing it.

Wouldn't have been a problem if she just fessed up, or even said it was an accident. But she didn't. They still didn't really go after her that much, giving her plenty of opportunities for her and her lawyer to meet with them, but they didn't. The crime itself isn't that big of a deal, and for most of this time no one cared. But her reaction, and now what with the FBI stepping in to cover it up, makes it a bigger deal, so now people are digging. I can't stand Coulter, but didn't see anything in the story until now. Plus, again, the possible tax fraud.

Is it a witch hunt if there is a crime, and worse, a cover up?

20. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

They'll have to test whether she's made of wood and can float though. :)

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

The water would evaporate before she hit it, because I get the feeling she's made of fire and brimstone, not wood.