FBI agents under investigation for possible misconduct in LaVoy Finicum shooting

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thewap, Mar 13, 2016.

1. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Some new developments concerning Lavoy's shooting.

New Video shows video taken from the inside while approaching the FBI barricade, Lavoy's SUV was fired on
    while approaching the barricade, and was fired on while Lavoy stepped out of the SUV with his hands up.
    FBI kept shooting at the SUV after Lavoy was down for a long time.

Following Lavoy's autopsy report that shows that Lavoy was shot three times in the back which started the investigation , now the FBI is claiming that the agent that allegedly shot Lavoy while reaching for a gun (MSM narrative), was using a taser, and that FBI agents behind Lavoy shot him in the back out of necessity.

According to this investigation, the FBI cannot account for two more shots that were fired.

Friends and family are demanding the release of the FBI vehicle videos which have not yet been released.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/03/oregon_standoff_fbi_agents_und.html

2. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Great, just what we need. A martyr for idiocy.

It's amazing how some people can excuse a police shooting over the slightest provocation. But here we have a guy who antognized the officers, who ran from the stop, tried to circumvent a roadblock, almost hitting an officer/agent in the process, stops the car, then immediately jumps out, something you NEVER do in a tense situation.

Somehow, this is proof of a corrupt government.

3. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

What proof do you want that would show the U.S. Government is corrupt?

Seriously. Please write down anything you want/need that if proven would satisfy you without a shadow of doubt.

4. Renzatic, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016

Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Watch the video.

He threatened the police, and resisted arrest.

He tried to circumvent a roadblock during the pursuit, and almost hits either a state patrol officer, or a federal agent during his attempt to escape.

He jumped out of the car screaming.

To quote jk, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Now I remember your arguments concerning the Tamir Rice video. You considered it a justified shooting because he had a gun, and the police have the right to protect themselves. But in this situation, where the perp has done far, FAR more to make a threat of himself, and put law enforcement lives in danger, you consider his shooting entirely unjustified, tantamount to cold blooded murder.

Your outrage is entirely selective. If you believed Rice's shooting was justified over the report of a gun, and a twitch towards his waistband, you should believe the exact same thing regarding Finicum's death.

5. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

well the guy was white it makes all the difference.

6. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Let's try not to confuse the issue with race here. Stick solely to judging both scenes entirely by the actions of those involved.

7. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Hmm, looking at the video, you can clearly hear that the SUV was fired on while approaching the barricade ( police report shows that the vehicle was fired on while approaching couple of shots from the front, and a 308 caliber winchester sniper from above) while he was trying to brake- the brake lights are cleary on when the SUV sees the barricade, which he probably could not avoid at the speed he was going and being fired upon. Not sure the argument that he was threatening the police with his vehicle would stand up in court.

8. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

He ran from a police stop. Anything that happens after that is entirely on him. His recklessness is basically what got him killed, even if the state patrol and/or the FBI jumped the gun in a literal sense.

But when you consider his "YOU CAN LET ME GO, OR YOU CAN PUT A BULLET IN ME. BUT I'M GONNA GO MEET THE SHERIFF", and "I'VE GOT PEOPLE ON THE WAY", I can understand why they'd be a little jumpy.