FBI: Man plotted machine gun attack on Masonic temple

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jan 27, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://news.yahoo.com/fbi-arrests-milwaukee-man-said-planning-temple-attack-215856133.html

freaking moron, hope they throw the book at him.

2. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

3. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

But what if they're hogging all the big wheels?

4. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Bring out the Transformer they were never able to afford to buy. They'll be your friend for life.

BL.

5. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Sounds like someone took the Divinci Code a bit too seriously.

6. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

At first I was wondering where this Muslim terrorist would be getting a machine gun since almost no one can get one legally, but then I figured it probably came from Eric Holder's stash.

7. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

The guy might have been dangerous or not. However, the more I read the more it looks like the F.B.I convincing some half-wit loser to do something stupid that they would not do without encouragement, just to chalk-up another bust. The F.B.I. does this quite often. We'll see, I guess.

8. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

No federal background checks and gun shows is just one way, people do it all the time. Plus, Republicans made it so even those on the terrorist watch list can get them legally. Our priority will always be to the gun owner, to ensure the highest body count possible.

9. vrDrew, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016

vrDrew macrumors 65816

The guy is being held at an ICE jail in Kenosha, WI. His family is from Jordan, but he was apparently born in New Jersey, and is a US citizen.

His Facebook photos contain an image of a diploma from the University of Jordan in "Airports Management & Aviation Science" - which he received back in 2011. Which is kind of scary, if you think about it. Fortunately he didn't get a job at Mitchell International (he probably would have flunked the background checks), and the guy had been working as a parking valet and kickboxing instructor here in the Milwaukee area.

The FBI periodically is accused of entrapping suspects. But in this case? I don't think so. I think they probably came across this guy idiot trolling on arabic-language social media sites, looking for someone to hook him up with weapons and explosives. The FBI obliged, and arrested him.

edited to reflect place of birth and citizenship status.

10. lowendlinux, Jan 28, 2016

lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I've been to more than a couple gun shows in my life and there were no machine guns for sale though there were some on display. Second if you bring up machine gun in front of a dealer you're likely to get the cops called on you. Gun folks especially dealers who could spend some time behind bars for doing the wrong thing are clannish types especially regarding taboo stuff.

This is not to say that the gent didn't get the gun at a gun show but it's highly unlikely.

I wonder what our friendly neighborhood Muslim extremist would say when/if he found out that there are Muslim Masons.

11. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

I agree on all points.

From the complaint (PDF)
    [​IMG]

It was an FBI gun show :p

12. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

we have terrorist on watch list? or we have people on a watch list who got put there for whatever reason & there is no real way of getting out of it? there is a difference.

13. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I'm sure we have many different "watch lists" - and I'm glad of it.

Being on a watch list isn't the same as being convicted of a crime. It simply means that certain aspects of your background or behavior have brought you to the attention of law enforcement or our intelligence services.

Do you really think it would be a good idea if we hired someone with a diploma from Jordan University in "Airports Management & Aviation Science" as a baggage handler? A young man who hung out on arabic-language jihadist websites, and travelled frequently between the Middle East and the USA?

Being on a watch list doesn't mean you can't get a job, or rent an apartment, or have a life. It just means that they are going to take a very close look at you before giving you a job where you might pose a risk to security.

14. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

time for a separate thread.

15. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

This is exactly why you don't waste your time. He asked the question, you provided a thoughtful and on-topic answer, yet this is his reply. vrDrew, you're far too smart to waste your time on his posts.

16. jkcerda, Jan 28, 2016

jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

[​IMG]

dude, I am not avoiding his post, I started a thread on the very subject since some of you liberals are obviously clueless about who is or how to get on the list.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...uld-end-up-on-a-terrorist-watch-list.1953262/

17. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

his reply is typical of non-gun people commenting on guns. clearly he's never made any purchase at a gun show and very likely has never even attended one.

18. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Here's a real life gun show with real life purchases and zero checks of any kind.

19. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

None of those are machine guns

20. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Oh, so we're moving the bar now? In that case none of them were RPGs or tanks either.

21. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

LOL. Again, He has never likely even attneded one personally.

22. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

None of those are machine guns..you don't have to like it, you don't have to agree but none are machine guns...

23. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Did that CNN producer attend, or was it just another conspiracy like Sandy Hook?

24. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

It really doesn't matter..he didn't buy a machine gun

25. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

I'll use "the video was highly edited" response that gets tossed around in PRSI so often. ;)